Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2017 07:00

I NEED A GRAPHICS COMPUTER

I currently work on a graphics computer, I have a lot of adobe programs open at once and my machine crawls, it has two drives and well they say I can upgrade to a new one. Can anyone send me the setup or arrangement I should ask for that would be best for a Graphic artist doing vide, indesign, photoshop, ect. I need to have a computer for graphics and not programing or doing spreadsheets.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 10th, 2017 11:00

"Adobe works closely with Dell to test and validate Dell Precision workstations to ensure optimal software performance and reliability .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00A81OCKA/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Without knowing the budget its hard to say.

The performance you are looking for comes more from the GPU than CPU.

https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Video-VCQM6000-24GB-PB-Quadro-PCIE3-0/dp/B01DPPPCM2/

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

April 10th, 2017 20:00

Lots of RAM too.

254 Posts

April 11th, 2017 09:00

solid state drives can speed up load and rendering times but you may have to trade off amount of storage ... there is a lot to consider.  budget weighs heavily on your choices too.

1.2K Posts

April 11th, 2017 18:00

I currently work on a graphics computer, I have a lot of adobe programs open at once and my machine crawls, it has two drives and well they say I can upgrade to a new one. Can anyone send me the setup or arrangement I should ask for that would be best for a Graphic artist doing vide, indesign, photoshop, ect. I need to have a computer for graphics and not programing or doing spreadsheets.

TimToon, 

There is no "best", only better and better at a higher and higher price point.

So, what do you have today? What CPU? how much memory? What graphics card, which disk drives.

Here is an example if one were to build their own. If you read through and tell us your budget, we can likely point you to a comparable Dell.

www DOT logicalincrements.com/articles/building-pc-3d-rendering-animation

( copy paste into your address bar and replace the DOT with a . )

if the $6900 USD price tag is not too high then there are even higher end systems to consider. 

Another useful read is www DOT pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-2015-3-Pascal-GPU-Performance-840/

I'm going to guess you are looking for a more mainstream system that just does a lot better than what you have today.

No Events found!