Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2017 06:00

Inspirion 2330 Hard Drive Error

Hello: I have an Inspirion 2330 which is throwing off the code 2000-0142 after I ran the diagnostics test (original error was an f1 boot disk not found error.) Fortunately it's not happening all the time, it just randomly does this so I still have access to the data and system but I need to get this fixed before it totally crashes. I dont believe the computer is under warranty any longer.

Is it feasible to change a hard drive out on an all in one like this? We recently updated the RAM, I havent taken apart a desktop in years but it's not super difficult I can probably figure it out. Looking for suggestions on how to best handle this and also how do I reinstall Windows 10 once the new drive is installed?

Thanks for the help!

• 

17K Posts

May 10th, 2017 08:00

shannonr2,

The error represents a failed or failing hard drive. You can replace the drive.Below is a link to download the online manual. The manual provides information for removing/replacing parts within your computer. 

Dell Inspiron 2330 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Windows 10 Backup and Recovery Media Options

How to install Windows 10 from the Dell ISO

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order

3 Posts

May 10th, 2017 08:00

Thank you! I used the links you provided to confirm the replacement part from Dell. I've downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool onto a flash drive, and I sohuld be good actually physically installing the new HD. My other question is, once I get it installed...what is the first step after I turn it back on? Do I start from the the flash drive or is there a page that can tell me steps once I reboot for the first time on the new drive?

3 Posts

May 10th, 2017 19:00

Thank you again! I was able to add memory and change out the hard drive after cloning it successfully and relatively pain free! I have not done this in years, long before back up drives were available...so much easier now!

No Events found!