Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

December 21st, 2017 09:00

Inspiron 2350 Fan is making noise and appearing to be going again for the third time

I have an Inspiron 2350 that the fan is making racket AGAIN.  I've already had to replace the fan twice since I purchased the PC in 2015, and now it's going out again for the third time!  The last time was late summer, and in October the motherboard went out as well.  I'm not a gamer or heavy CPU user, so what gives? I've had a number of HP's laptops, desktops, and other brands of computers in the last 25+ years and I have never had this many issues as I've had on this one DELL.  I've also had the thing die on me three times for no apparent reason where I've had to reinstall everything from scratch, no system starting points could be used.  Luckily I have multiple backups. 

What gives?  Is this just a poorly designed product?? Did I buy a lemon??

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 21st, 2017 11:00

The all in one desktop PC's are basically a laptop with a desktop type display (screen).  The fan assembly looks very similar to what is in laptops.  These can be susceptible to heat faster than a regular "tower" type desktop.  I've worked on a Dell AIO and I've worked on an HP AIO, both had heat problems.  Fortunately for my clients I was able to clean them out and have them locate the units so they get better ambient air circulation (cool air as I'm in Florida).  Not leaving them on for extended periods seems to have helped (just as a laptop is not designed to be regularly on for extended periods).

I know this doesn't answer your question but my experiences with two of three clients I support that have All in ones.  I have one additional, a Lenovo, in a church office but it is only powered on when needed and not for extended periods and after a year (its a year old) it has no problems.

No Events found!