Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2016 10:00

Inspiron 3030 all-in-one brightness buttons not working.

So I have two Dell Inspiron (all-in-one) 3030’s that we cannot adjust the brightness on via the buttons on the right hand side. When the issue appeared on the first PC I thought maybe the buttons were broken and since it was out of warranty I simply dimmed the screen via the Intel graphics adapter settings. Fast forward to a few weeks later when another machine (same model) got his with a Crytpo virus and I had to do a clean install and now it too has the same problem. I installed all the drivers from Dells site but now I have two computer computers in where the brightness buttons on the right hand side don’t work. Everything including the BIOS is up to date but that got me wondering….Is there anything special that needs to be installed for those buttons to work specifically? Typically hardware buttons just work.

I would call Dell but they are out of warranty by a few months.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2016 16:00

I do not see an Inspiron 3030 AIO. Do you mean the Optiplex 3030 AIO? Did you install the Dell On-Screen Display (OSD) Application?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2016 18:00

My mistake, yes it's an Optiplex 3030 and yes the OSD app was installed on both

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 4th, 2016 06:00

If all of the Chipset drivers were already installed, then installing the OSD should have fixed it. So something else in the operating system is missing. I doubt that the buttons are broken on a hardware level. Researching.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 25th, 2016 16:00

Still can't figure it out. I've been having the users use the Intel graphics properties to adjust the brightness.

No Events found!