Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 14th, 2015 05:00

Inspiron 530 desktop won't boot up and beeps four times with the fans spinning as if it was starting up

When I press the power buttons to power on the desktop a couple things happen. First it consistently beeps four times. Second the fans are always spinning loudly as if it was trying to start up. Third the monitor stays black and nothing happens. Fourth the disk reader won't open. Finally the led light on the power button is a Steady Blue, not blinking at all. I know it is a memory problem and I want to know how to fix it.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 14th, 2015 13:00

When I press the power buttons to power on the desktop a couple things happen. First it consistently beeps four times. Second the fans are always spinning loudly as if it was trying to start up. Third the monitor stays black and nothing happens. Fourth the disk reader won't open. Finally the led light on the power button is a Steady Blue, not blinking at all. I know it is a memory problem and I want to know how to fix it.

TheMissingLink

Four 'beeps' indicate a memory issue, [see page 87] first try opening the case, then remove and reinstall all the memory modules, to see if this makes a difference

http://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-530_owner%27s%20manual_en-us.pdf

Post back, if there is no difference.

Bev.

No Events found!