Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2017 01:00

Inspiron 530s CMOS battery replacement

I'm looking at possibly having to replace the CMOS battery shortly;  I know HOW to replace it, but the manual is not very clear at having to reset any BIOS settings afterwards.  

1.  Will running the Dell Diagnostics tests show the status of the battery?  I haven't had any "low battery" type warnings.

2.  If I replace the battery, will the BIOS settings update automatically, or will I be looking at resetting some items manually?

Thanks for any help!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 13th, 2017 12:00

jfortelka

1.  Will running the Dell Diagnostics tests show the status of the battery?  I haven't had any "low battery" type warnings.

No.

2.  If I replace the battery, will the BIOS settings update automatically, or will I be looking at resetting some items manually?

No. Best to make a note of the present BIOS settings, before replacing the battery.

Bev.

2 Posts

November 13th, 2017 22:00

Thanks.  So, is there a separate diagnostic or test, etc, to tell if the battery is getting low?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 14th, 2017 03:00

Batteries Die whether you use them or not. Given the age of this unit the battery is bad.  This is why there are Date Codes on DL2032 batteries.   You can find them in the Grocery store in the back because blood sugar meters use the same batteries.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/953488991

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 14th, 2017 04:00

Thanks.  So, is there a separate diagnostic or test, etc, to tell if the battery is getting low?

jfortelka

The answer is 'No'.

As the batteries are cheap, best to just to replace.

Bev.

No Events found!