Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2009 17:00

Kudo's Dell

On December 23rd my sons XPS Gen 4's monitor quit working. He called Dell Support and they found that the monitor had basically burned out. Dell said they would send one right out. On the afternoon of December 24th, Christmas Eve the doorbell rang and a UPS person dropped off a Dell monitor. Is that service or what.

Friday niight, January 16th, I had a problem with my wife's XPS-410 desktop not being able to connect through to the internet. The machine kept asking for drivers for the ethernet. I exhausted my thoughts on what would fix this and ended up calling Dell Support Saturday morning. After conversing with them and trying a mirad of different things we came to the conclusion that the motherboard was bad. The ethernet connection is integrated into the motherboard. Three days later a Dell Service tech arrived at my home with a board and within 30 minutes we were back in business.

In the last 3-4 years I have purchased 2 desktops and 3 laptops from Dell for my family. Until these two issues nothing had happened to our systems since their purchase. Upon calling Dell on these two issue they found the issues quickly and handled the corrective action in an exceptional timely manner.

Thanks Dell.

799 Posts

January 23rd, 2009 18:00

Hello jodoak, That is really great news.

I am glad to her at least some are getting the support they deserve.

But I must say there are far too many that are not.

Maybe this is a fresh start for Dell support.

I really hope so.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

jodoak

Happy to hear that your problems were solved expeditiously by Dell.   :emotion-1:

Bev.

3.6K Posts

This is what we need here on this forum,more posts of the excellent support dell gives.:emotion-5:

No Events found!