Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

RL

November 21st, 1999 17:00

Like the New Format

I really like the new site and format. The best feature is that the messages now open with the latest messages beginning at the top of the order. No more clicking to the bottom and scrolling up in reverse order. However, no more choice to click More and then select New messages. I use Summary View so I can see the entire thread. I notice that I can't view all the replies in the left pane, but if a new reply comes in after I have read the entries the number of replies changes to red so I know there is a reply I haven't read. The topics I click on change to light blue and I only clear my history every ten days so they remain light blue for that period of time. I do keep track of the date and time of the first message listed when I visit the site. For me, this is a small sacrifice to make over the amount of time it used to take to use Mark all conferences read. Overall the increase in speed is worth the minor changes and the time I am spending in learning the few new procedures. I am least pleased with having to click Dell Talk Home to return to the conferences. Anyway, thanks to Dell for making these changes. I realize not everyone is happy with this new format, but for me it is a big improvement over the previous format. Thanks for listening!

41 Posts

November 21st, 1999 19:00

I agree with you.
The only thing the new board is lacking is the "mark al read" possibility. Hopefully Dell can let do some extra programming to reintroduce this feature.

Egbert Hidding
PGPX0 XPS R450/V770Dultra/256MB/DVD+dec./12GB+20GB/TB2/ext.USRv90/HP8100i
Q2VPB XPS R400/V770Dultra/128MB/CD40x/12GB+1GB/TB1/PCI.3ComUSRv90/HP720c
IMH6M 466/L/onboard 1MB/16MB/CD6x/500MB/SB16pnp/epsonLX80
No Events found!