Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2016 08:00

Monitor Issue

Ok, so I have dual Dell P1913Sb monitors plugged into my Optiplex 760

I do not use the screensaver, I have my monitors set to power down after 5 minutes of sitting idle.

Once they've powered down, the left one flashes a message at regular intervals.  The message reads as follows:

"There is no signal coming from your computer.  Press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse to wake it up.  If there is no display, press the monitor button now to select the correct input source on the On-Screen-Display menu"

This only happens on the left hand monitor of the two and as soon as I move the mouse or touch the keyboard, it pops open to the normal display.  I know this didn't happen right from day one and only started about a month or so back.  I'm not sure what I did to cause this, but suspect I must have bumped one of the buttons on the monitor or some such to make it start doing this.

How can I make it stop??

TIA

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 17th, 2016 07:00

There is nothing in the monitor to cause this. A video card driver change could cause this. To what port on the computer is the left monitor connected? And the right monitor?

February 17th, 2016 14:00

As I look directly at the back of the PC, my left-hand monitor (the problem child) is plugged into the port on my right.  The right-hand monitor is of course plugged into the port on my left.

Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 17th, 2016 21:00

Swap them on the back of the computer and re-test. Does the issue follow the problem monitor when connected to the other port? What is the Optiplex service tag number?

February 18th, 2016 07:00

I did as you suggested and the issue remained with the monitor on the left (that's my left as I sit at my desk looking at them).

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 18th, 2016 09:00

So you are saying that both monitors have the same issue when tested on that one port on the rear of the Optiplex? Yet when both monitors are tested on the other port, they are fine? If yes to both, then the monitors are not at fault.

February 18th, 2016 13:00

Yes to both.

Ok, so now that I know the monitors aren't at fault, how do I fix the issue?

Granted it's not the end of the world if this continues, it's just an annoyance, but there must be a way to make that message stop???

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 19th, 2016 05:00

since it started about a month ago, you need to investigate which driver update was installed then that caused the issue. Then remove it and use its older driver.

No Events found!