Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2013 15:00

My Desktop is stuck in the dell logo

I got my PC about 3 days ago and it was working fine with no problems at all the only thing that wasn't working properly was the network. I browsed a couple of webpages before I installed McAfee but they weren't harmful like Facebook and my email after that It was still working fine even the network but after a hour or so I noticed that the speed of my internet dropped dramatically the normal average ping, download and upload speed is: (Ping) : 10 (Download) : 18.50 
(Upload) : 2.0 but when I tested it I was shocked. Ping was 600 download speed was 0.50 and upload 0.17 I asked a couple of friends that knew about tech but they didn't help much either so I just searched online and stuff because it wasn't a big deal, they told me to try typing ipconfig in CMD but it didn't work either so I just decided to get a new router because the router's manual (Arris TM802) only had up to windows 7 I tried to search and find drivers for windows 8 but I didn't find anything. but today I decided to boot up the desktop and see if anything has changed but it was stuck in the "dell" boot up screen I waited a couple of minutes but it still was stuck there I tried shutting it down a couple of times but it didn't work either. the router's flashlights are different color on my desktop and my laptop. On my windows 7 laptop it flashes orange on router and green & orange on the cable but it the desktop it flashes green on router and red & yellow on cable. some people told me it could be a virus but I full scanned my PC and it didn't find anything. By the way I used internet speed test and my PC is a Dell XPS 8500 special edition my monitor is a 20" Dell IN2030M. 
Please help!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 7th, 2013 18:00

Hi l3lackCrow,

Based on the given description the problem could be with the hardware or software of the computer.

Running the hardware diagnostics can help in checking if there is any hardware problem. Follow the steps below to run hardware diagnostics.

1. Restart the computer.
  2. Keep tapping the F12 key on the Dell Logo Screen.
  3. From the One time boot menu select Diagnostics and Press Enter.
  4. It runs a test on all the hardware components.
  5. If it test fails please capture the error code and let me know the error code, I would tell you the next course of action.

In case the test passes, follow the next steps. Check in Safe Mode with Networking.

1. Restart the computer.
  2. Keep tapping F8 on the Dell Logo Screen.
  3. Once the computer enters Advanced Boot Option, select Safe Mode with Networking.
  4. Press Enter.

Check if the computer is doing the same thing in safe mode with networking.

Please reply with results.

10 Posts

January 7th, 2013 20:00

I tried to use System Image recovery so I clicked on it but then a pop up comes up and it says: Re-Image your computer An internal error occurred. The following information might help you resolve the error: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)

10 Posts

January 8th, 2013 11:00

Oh! sorry I forgot to tell you that I did the hardware components test and nothing was wrong everything was working fine.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 9th, 2013 01:00

Hi l3lackCrow,

As per the given description, error “0x80070002" occurs if you back up a library that contains custom folders that are located under your user profile.

If you are able to boot to windows screen please follow the steps from this link to fix the error: http://bit.ly/e6sgfh

Please post the results.

10 Posts

January 9th, 2013 12:00

I can't get to the windows screen as I said in the previous post it's stuck in the dell logo screen, Oh and I'm a windows 8 user.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

January 10th, 2013 04:00

Hi l3lackCrow,

As the system is stuck at Dell screen, I would like you to follow the below mentioned steps to restoring the computer.

There are two possible ways of restoring windows 8 to factory settings. They are “Refresh” and “Reset”.

Refresh: The Refresh option is primarily a repair method. It is a great method of returning your PC to a known good state while preserving your files and a great deal of your configuration. With the          refresh your PC option, user accounts, data files, and some settings are preserved on your PC without the need to create a backup, or make choices about what to keep or remove.

Reset: This is similar to a PC restore. This option, also called Reset your PC is useful when a PC is changing hands, or when you want to get a completely fresh start on a PC, with no previous files or configuration retained. This option, also called Reset your PC is useful when a PC is changing hands, or when you want to get a completely fresh start on a PC, with no previous files or configuration retained.

To Refresh windows 8 please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Open the General section of PC Settings by the key combination WIN KEY + C to open charms bar and click PC Settings.
  2. Click the Get started button under Refresh your PC without affecting your files.
  3. Click the Next button at the Refresh your PC step of the wizard.
  4. You may be prompted to insert installation or recovery media if there is not a recovery image preconfigured on your PC.
  5. Click the Refresh button at the Ready to refresh your PC step.
  6. At this point, the PC is restarted, and the refresh actions are completed.

To reset the windows 8 to factory settings please follow the below mentioned steps:

(Note: Reset option will delete the data from the computer)

1. Open the General section of PC settings by the key combination WIN Key + C to open Charms bar and click PC settings.
  2. Click the Get started button under Remove Everything and reinstall windows and start over.
  3. Click the Next button at the Reset your PC and start over step of the wizard.
  4. As in the Reset steps, you may be prompted to insert Windows 8 installation or recovery media if there is not a recovery image preconfigured on your PC.
  5. If you have multiple drives on your PC, the next step gives you a choice of how you want files removed. You can remove files from the Windows drive only, or from all drives.
  6. Next you will be asked if you want to fully clean your drive. You can choose to just remove my files or a more complete removal with the Fully clean the drive option. Neither option provides a guarantee that the data will be unrecoverable, but the fully clean option will make it significantly more difficult.
  7. To proceed, click the Reset button at the Ready to reset your PC step, shown below.
  8. At this point the PC is restarted into a full-screen progress screen.
  9. The next step on a PC where the Pro Pack or Media Pack was installed is shown below. In these scenarios you will need to enter your Product Key. Notice that there is a Skip button here. This would enable you to complete the Reset without entering your key. That can be useful if you are selling a PC and want to retain a retail Windows 8 license that you installed on it.
  10. The final step is the License Terms. Click Accept in this step to complete the reset.

Please reply for any further help.

10 Posts

January 10th, 2013 19:00

Hi

I recorded this video to show you what my problem is:

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

January 10th, 2013 21:00

I think I'd clean install the OS.

10 Posts

January 11th, 2013 11:00

How ?

1 Message

December 28th, 2014 11:00

I am having problems with my computer. It is stuck on the black screen with the Dell logo. I tried pushing F12 when that didn't work I tried pushing F8. Nothing happened stayed stuck on the Dell logo.

No Events found!