Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

BC

August 14th, 2005 13:00

No Stereo mix or another alternative for recording from audio card

I was looking at programs that record audio that goes through the sound card. All require to choose "stereo mix" or something similar. However, the Sigmatel card on my Dimension 9100 seems to offer only "Line in", "Rear MIC", and "Microphone" under recording. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 14th, 2005 15:00

Many programs will record from the "line in" (stereo) or from the Mic (mono).  MusicMatch Jukebox (at least the Plus version) will.  So will the recording program that comes with Roxio Easy Media V7.5 (my favorite "user friendly" recording program).

There are some that will record from "what you hear" (what you hear on the PC speakers) but that is only some SoundBlaster Audigy boards.

A popular shareware recording program is "Polderbits". 

August 14th, 2005 16:00

Thanks! I downloaded Polderbits. It's probably better for recording using the Line In, but it too cannot record streaming media for the same reason as the other programs, namely that my dell sigmatel audio card somehow doesn't show "stereo mix" or any equivalent source.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 15th, 2005 09:00

I missed that on your original post.  Yes, you will need to install a (Retail) SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS to get the "what you hear" recording capability.
No Events found!