Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

KO

December 23rd, 2009 17:00

Not much sound from mike

I have a microphone which came with the Vostro 200 I'm on, running XP, but it doesn't seem to pick up sound well at about 18 to 24 inches from my head. I find the Realtek Audio Manager settings lark non-intuitive, some tick boxes have to be ticked when logically it would seem from the description sensible to leave them unchecked. Is it easiest to return to default settings? Why can the sound levels not be adjusted on some features? Any ideas? I would describe myself as a novice at best.:emotion-3:

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 24th, 2009 03:00

Standard PC microphones are designed to be used in close proximity to the mouth, not 18 to 24 inches away.  This is actuallyt he same on most standard P.A. system mic's - they are designed for 1 to 2 inches from the mic - not way back.

March 17th, 2010 08:00

Best to return all audio settings to default then.

March 17th, 2010 08:00

OK, thanks for the reply. If that is the case, why do they come with sticky bits to attach to the case? Just to save your hands when you aren't holding it? I have seen videos on telly of YouTube posts and users never seem to be holding their mikes a la crooners like F Sinatra. 

No Events found!