Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 1st, 2014 04:00

Optiplex 3010 wake on mouse move

Hello Folks, Have 3010 with latest BIOS, A12 think, updated July 2014, and win 7 pro. I would like to wake the computer from SLEEP using mouse movement only. Can't see option for wake on mouse in the BIOS setup. Can anyone help please? (The computer wakes up from SLEEP when a key is pressed or if the power button is pressed, but not if the mouse is moved. Hibernate is disabled.) Thanks. N

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

August 2nd, 2014 05:00

Solved. Keep settings as they are and use a non-laser mouse, an old one with a ball will do the job. When the 3010 goes to sleep the mouse switches off the mouse laser movement sensor thus preventing wake up on mouse movement.

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

August 1st, 2014 12:00

Hello coopern,

Thanks for the post. There are a couple of settings I would suggest checking in troubleshooting this. Firstly make sure the BIOS setting for ‘USB wake support’ is enabled: BIOS >> Power Management >> USB Wake Support.

Within the mouse power settings you can also configure its ability to wake the system from sleep. This can be checked by navigating to the ‘Mouse’ options in the control panel and selecting the mouse you would like to wake the system from the list of connected devices under ‘Hardware’.

After selecting your mouse select properties to bring up the device details. Under the general tab you should be given an options to ‘Change settings’ that when clicked will take you to the following screen with the option to enable / disabled the devices ability to wake your system from sleep. 

For more information on how to configure sleep settings within Windows check out the following Microsoft guide: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions  

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

August 2nd, 2014 02:00

Thanks very much for that. The bios and win7 settings are already as you recommended. I'm wondering whether the drivers are suitable or whether the 3010/mouse can do what I want. The mouse is standard dell ms111 with default system32 drivers moucalss.sys and mouhid.sys, and the power data details from properties are as follows if it helps Current power state: D0 Power capabilities: 0000007F PDCAP_D0_SUPPORTED PDCAP_D1_SUPPORTED PDCAP_D2_SUPPORTED PDCAP_D3_SUPPORTED PDCAP_WAKE_FROM_D0_SUPPORTED PDCAP_WAKE_FROM_D1_SUPPORTED PDCAP_WAKE_FROM_D2_SUPPORTED Power state mappings: S0 -> D0 S1 -> D2 S2 -> D2 S3 -> D2 S4 -> D2 S5 -> D3 I can wake up the computer from sleep using either mouse button, but not by moving the mouse. Cheers N
No Events found!