Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2017 01:00

Optiplex 3040, core i3 work station Dual display not working.

Hi,

I have a issue with my Optiplex 3040, core i3 work station. I am trying to extend the the display, but things are not working. Only the monitor with DP -DP connection (Monitor 2) is detecting all the time, the other one (Monitor 1 ) is unable to detect. Is this expected or not ? Here is my configuration :

Optiplex 3040

HDMI (OUT)                                                                                DP (OUT)

|                                                                                                 |

HDMI (Male) to VGA Female                                                   DP (IN) DELL monitor 2

converter

|

VGA Cable(MALE to MALE)

|

VGA (IN) Dell Monitor 1

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

June 2nd, 2017 22:00

Have you tried having just the HDMI/VGA adapter hooked up (so no DP display attached) to see if it identifies the VGA display? Also, does your 3040 happen to have just a VGA out instead of trying to use the adapter? Sometimes adapters do not work as well when they're going from a VGA to HDMI etc.. Lastly do you happen to have another display/tv that has HDMI? You basically want to rule out what is causing the issue. 

6 Posts

August 7th, 2017 00:00

Yes  I've tried HDMI/VGA alone, its not detecting. It has only a DP out and HDMI out.  What i tried is from another Dell Laptop (personal) taken HDMI out and connected via adapter to display, it works fine. So I am sure that there is no problem with the adapter.  I don't have another HDMI display to check.  What is my doubt is if we have Optiplex DP out connected to Display1, is it possible to use the HDMI out of the same Optiplex to Display2 simultaneously as extended  ?  

No Events found!