Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

March 20th, 2013 08:00

Optiplex 7010 Flashing orange power button

I have run into several (50-60) optiplex 7010 computers that display the flashing orange power button. The solution to thesa all was to reseat the memory. Haas anyone else seen this? are there a batch of bad MB with loose DIMM slots? Let me know please.

1 Message

July 15th, 2014 07:00

I had the same problem with my Dell Optiplex 7010, power button was flashing orange. Here is how to fix the issue:

1). Turn off the computer.

2). Unplug the power & remove the computer case.

3). The Dell Optiplex 7010 has four memory slots, remove the memory, and switch slots.

4). Replace computer case and then reattach power plug.

5). Start computer!

That is it, a very simple fix! 

Please Remember to drain the Flea Power before removing the memory - 

(edited)

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 20th, 2013 10:00

Hi gharridg,

Haven't heard of anything. Glad you got it sorted out!

51 Posts

October 7th, 2013 10:00

Just found a machine with the same issue and tried reseating it, but no change. Moved the DIMM from slot 2 to slot 1, machine boots. Kinda odd that it would be in slot 2 don't you think?

1 Message

October 10th, 2013 17:00

One of the computer in my lab had similar problem. Here is what you need to do. Unlpug the system from the power.  On the back of the power supply there is a black reset button  next to PS LED. Hold that down while the system is not connected to the power for 10 seconds. 

Plug the power cable back on and restart the system.

2.6K Posts

October 11th, 2013 15:00

Hello Joeytmann,

Amber LED blinking scheme – The pattern is 2 or 3 blinks followed by a short pause then x number of blinks up to 7. The repeated pattern has a long pause inserted in the middle. For example 2,3 = 2 amber blinks, short pause, 3 amber blinks followed by long pause then repeats. In order to isolate the cause of failure, refer the topic Power LED Diagnostics on page #53 in the service manual: http://bit.ly/1eewEEh

Hope this helps!

No Events found!