Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

June 23rd, 2011 09:00

Output Port Specs for Dell OEM version of AMD Radeon HD 6770, 6870 Graphics Cards?

Hi Chris M –  Your Ati Eyefinity FAQ says that “The Dell AMD HD5450 and HD5670 come in various flavors. We sell the card with VGA/DVI/DP ports and VGA/DVI/HDMI ports.”

I’m hoping you can help.  I really want to buy a Dell computer, but am having a huge amount of difficulty getting correct info from Dell about the video output ports on Dell OEM graphics cards.  I’m in the process of returning a brand new XPS 8300 (with ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics card) because Dell told that it had all of: “Display Port”, HDMI, DVI and VGA output ports (which I got them to confirm in an e-mail), and then when it arrived, I found that it did not have the “Display Port”  output that they said it would (it only has HDMI, DVI and VGA, i.e., your second option in the Ati Eyefinity FAQ).

I am keeping the Dell U2311H monitor that came with the XPS 8300 (I am returning the computer itself), and also have a second monitor.  I want to buy a Dell XPS 8300 with a graphics card that will allow me to connect via a “Display Port” output to the Dell U2311H monitor, and via DVI to my second monitor (which only has DVI and VGA inputs).  Alternatively, if that is not possible, I would like an XPS 8300 with a card that has two DVI outputs.

Since Dell gave me incorrect info the first time, which had caused me to have to return the first computer, I am really reluctant to place another order without concrete specs on the graphics card.

The Dell OEM graphics card options that might support my requirements seem to include:

AMD Radeon HD 6770
AMD Radeon HD 6870

Are the specs posted anywhere on the Dell site that will tell me for sure what the output ports are on the Dell OEM versions of these cards?  Neither is listed in your Desktop Video Forum FAQ, PCIe Video Card Manuals link.

Thanks in advance.

No Responses!
No Events found!