Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2017 03:00

P2415Q, faint horizontal grey lines

Hi everyone.

I have joined a new company and they provide 4K monitors to designers. So we had 4 items in the office, each being DELL P2415Q. I have hooked one up and it looked great. Then I got another one and I noticed the second one has faint grey static horizontal lines across the screen. The were visible closer to the center, but almost throughout the whole screen. More noticable when looking at it from top down. When I move my head from top to bottom I see they move comparing to the items on screen as if they were lifted a tiny little bit from the screen surface. I tried different cables, both DisplayPort and HDMI, I tried different PCs, even Mac. Turned out 3 out of 4 monitors had those gray lines and I was just lucky to get fine one as the first one. We ordered 3 more as a replacement and all 3 of them came with same grey lines. It's hard to believe 6 out of 7 items are defective. Did anyone have this before? Is there anything I can do about it? It's very annoying to have a super sharp monitor just to see grey lines all across eveything I look at. Mosty visible on white background.

9.4K Posts

April 28th, 2017 07:00

Hi pokrishka,

Thanks for posting.

When purchased directly from Dell, all monitors have gone through a process of looking at the standalone BID (Built-in Diagnostics) (page 44) colored screens. Did you happen to run this to see if the lines were visible?

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2017 07:00

Yes, I ran testing and the lines were visible on all colors, although they are most visible on white, like I said. I've noticed that the visibility of them is not constant and they can occupy more or less area. On the first monitor they are miraculously gone now. Looks like I can only hope they will disappear on other monitors too.

2 Posts

July 4th, 2017 09:00

Hi, I have completely the same issue. I was assuming this is because my old Macbook Pro of Late 2013 i7 GeForce 750Mi, but it looks like some sort of other issue.

Would love to get an update on this.

2 Posts

July 4th, 2017 09:00

Hi there,

I have the same issue. Did you happen to find an answer to this problem?

1 Message

July 7th, 2017 02:00

I'm getting the same issue too with two of these monitors that I bought last week. Ran the factory tests and it happens there too.

Happens when I plug them into both a 2016 Macbook Pro 15", and a 2015 Macbook Pro 13".

I plugged in a cheap AOC U2868PQU 28" UHD monitor on the off chance that it was an issue with the laptops, but it has no such issues.

Super-frustrating for such a high-res monitor to do this. Probably going to have to return them.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 7th, 2017 07:00

Because the P2415Q was never tested/validated on Apple proprietary hardware, operating system, and drivers =

We can only rely on the stand alone P2415Q Built-in Diagnostics. Post pictures of the colored diagnostic screens. Based on those pictures, we will identify if the P2415Q are faulty or not.

1 Message

July 20th, 2017 17:00

I have the same Issue. I previously own two 4k monitors from Dell. One P2415Q and one P2715Q, and both of the look great. I now bought a third monitor, and sadly this suffers from these horizontal grey lines, clearly visible on both white and grey areas.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 20th, 2017 18:00

Post pictures of the P2415Q Built-in Diagnostics colored screens, page 44. Based on those BID pictures, we will tell you if the monitor passes or fails.

No Events found!