Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 9th, 2008 16:00

Points?

Where can I get a description of the new point system?

258 Posts

November 10th, 2008 17:00

The words "hired" and "volunteer" don't seem to go together!! 

258 Posts

November 10th, 2008 18:00

I also notice that we no longer carry our hardware signatures...and I can't seem to find a spot in my profile to stash it.  I thought the signature was very helpful when trying to help or decipher someone's question.

258 Posts

November 12th, 2008 15:00

[quote user="jronesi"]

I also notice that we no longer carry our hardware signatures...and I can't seem to find a spot in my profile to stash it.  I thought the signature was very helpful when trying to help or decipher someone's question.

Go into your profile and choose edit. Click on the "Site Options" tab. It's in there, but unfortunately it doesn't show in the posts for some unknown reason.

Edit: The site locked up while posting this and gave me an error page. I forget what it said, but it's not the first time. I wasn't credited any points as well

[/quote]

I found it - thanks.

258 Posts

December 15th, 2008 18:00

Even though I started this I might as well get in line with everyone else...

Jim

1.1K Posts

November 9th, 2008 17:00

I'd like to know what they mean also.  I see some posters with 10 posts and 300 to 400 points, while I only have 63.  Not that I am overly concerned, but if you get prizes or can trade them in for free Dell stuff (wink wink -  I had to type this cause I can't get the smiley wink wink guy to work) then I want my points.....

14.4K Posts

November 9th, 2008 18:00

Only a few know the meaning and the structure of the points ie the Mods and board designers, and they are not ready to divulge this info. All we know is wait and it will be put out in the near future.

984 Posts

I'm pretty sure that a large component of one's points comes from the number of viewings of one's posts (notice there is now no indication of number of viewings of specific posts). Anyway I think this is going to be a popular thread, so I'm counting on this post boosting my current measly points!

1.1K Posts

They must mean something cryptic.  I tried to figure them out but I can't.   My post above showed 5 the last time I checked, now it says 20.  Weird!

I actually was trying to be cute with the Free Dell Stuff & I wanted a winky character but when I click them all that happens is a window opens and nothing else happens.   So until I can figure out how to add a smiley, I'll just have to type my feelings (SIGH!)

213 Posts

November 10th, 2008 02:00

Must be Dell faction points, lol.

306 Posts

November 10th, 2008 07:00

I would also like to know what this points system is all about.

213 Posts

November 10th, 2008 13:00

At 50,000 points you get hired as an online technical support volunteer.  :emotion-36:

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

I would also like to know what this points system is all about.

Only Dell knows and maybe, sometime in the future, they will let us know.   :emotion-5:    :emotion-2:

Bev.

213 Posts

At 50,000 points you get hired as an online technical support volunteer.  :emotion-36:

705 Posts

November 11th, 2008 06:00

points are derived from post ratings is my guess - it is a guess though ....

306 Posts

November 11th, 2008 06:00

It just did it again! See below! This is like the 10th time this has happened to me today!!

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Edit: This error is becoming EXTREMELY ANNOYING. It's happening more and more! Anyone else experiencing this??????

No Events found!