Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2008 16:00

Precision T5400 image / ghost / sysprep problem

Hi. I'm going to start this thread generically (I do have a nice amount of information to add, but it will have to wait a couple hours.) I'm looking for those quick "Have you tried" this replies first.

I'm having zero success at putting premade images on my new batch of Dell Precision T5400s (This is after two solid days of attempting various things.)

In the past, I've never had any issues imaging/ghosting inbetween all of these in my infrastructure: Precision 490's, Precision 360's, Precision 370's, Latitude D610's, Latitude D630's, Latitude X1's, Precision 690's, Precision M70's, and Precision M90's. I can currently ghost & sysprep to my hearts content between all of these machines with minimal headache.

I'm adding Precision T5400's to my inventory now, and attempting to put a current Precision 490 build onto it. I've not succeeded once. I keep blue screening on reboot.

Quick Variables:

1. The image is XP 32bit flavor

2. Ghosting a straight image and/or sysprep then ghost both yield the same blue screen

3. (I need to capture the blue screen 0x00000000 number thingie still, sorry) It flashes by so fast

4. Safe mode will never work

5. For the fun of it I made a clean XP 32bit build on a Precision T5400 first and then tried to take that image back to a Precision 490 and it failed also.

6. I want to believe I've injected every driver possible into a sysprep style deployment and that still fails

Again, I have still more data that I can yield, but time constraints right now won't let me. I'm just looking for any quick draw ideas someone might have that I haven't thought of yet that could get me on a different solution path.

This one is kickin' my and starting to frustrate me.

Thanks!

No Responses!
No Events found!