Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2015 12:00

Precision T5500 flashing 2, 3, 4 and solid amber power button

After working through suggestions from post in Jan 2014, I still have the same errors. So far, I have replaced both CPU's, Motherboard, new copper heatsink and new Daughter card.  I have (9) sticks of 8gb PC3 - 10600R 2Rx4 Samsung memory in it. When powering up, I get immediate 2, 3, 4 green flashing and solid amber power button. According to the service manual, this indicates "USB subsystem configuration activity in progress or USB subsystem failure". I replaced Motherboard and new board acts exactly like the old board. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as this PC is wearing me out.

Thanks,

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 20th, 2015 14:00

Almost sounds like this, except for the one extra LED.

Are any of the USB ports physically damaged (eg, bent, shorted...)?  Power off, unplug and press/hold power button for ~15 sec and then examine the USB connectors on front and rear of case....

Check the cable connections between motherboard and front panel at both ends...

6 Posts

January 21st, 2015 08:00

I thought so as well. I have checked all USB ports, all connections, done the de-static thing...still nothing. I have removed the Daughter card and all but one stick of RAM. It now boots without going to the flashing LED's but I don't have any video....I'm going to try another video card. Anything else you can come up with....I'm all ears...lol. Thank You.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 21st, 2015 10:00

Let's see what a new video card does.

Can you 'steal" one from another PC just to test if another card will work, so you don't have to buy something that doesn't solve the problem?

6 Posts

January 22nd, 2015 09:00

With machine setup with 1 stick of RAM and a known-good video card, I still have no video. I am really beginning to believe that it is the m/b. Only issue is that I have the original board and a replacement that, unfortunately, is refurbished, and both boards act the same. Your thoughts....?

Thanks

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2015 10:00

I had the same issues with my T5500 and had to replace the power supply to correct it.

6 Posts

January 30th, 2015 13:00

Well, if you guys aren't tired of helping me out on this, the saga continues. I replaced the Power Supply, symptoms did not change. Does anyone have any other ideas? The only thing that I haven't replaced is the front interface board, (the board with the 2 USB ports and power button on it). Anyone seen issues with that on this model? I have seen some issues on OptiPlex desktops but mostly that was when a USB port was damaged. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

January 30th, 2015 18:00

Sorry the PSU didn't fix it...

Did you check the cable connections between front panel and motherboard?

Only you can decide how much more $$ and time to put into this.

No Events found!