Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2015 15:00

Problem with Dell Diagnostics for XPS-8500

I have installed Dell System Detect.  When I try to run the Dell Diagnostics for my XPS-8500, every time it gets to installing SupportAssist client I get a message stating there was a problem with your internet connection. Please try running the diagnostic again.  I do not have any problems with my Internet Connection.  I have been trying to run this diagnostic periodically for several weeks but I always get that message and cannot run the test.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 1st, 2015 17:00

Hi Ace H,

Try running the Dell diagnostics from the F12 utility partition.

13 Posts

August 20th, 2015 04:00

I have the same problem running Dell System Detect on a XPS 12. "There was a problem with your internet connection. Please try running the diagnostic again." I have also tried running the F12 diagnostics and everything looks fine.

I have also tried turning off my Mcafee firewall while I am running Dell System Detect. That does not help either.

I am running Windows 10, but I had the same problem with Windows 8.1. I've tried running DSD using Chrome and Internet Explorer. Neither works.

I am trying to get some insight into why microphone has stopped working. This is really frustrating.

No Events found!