Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 22nd, 2013 05:00

Problem with PERC H310 driver during Windows 7 installation

Hi

I have been trying to install Windows 7 in a Dell Precision T7600 workstation, but I have been unable to make the installer see the hard drives of the computer. I have downloaded the drivers from the support page (these drivers, and some of the previous versions too http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails/Product/precision-t7600?driverId=WM1VP&osCode=W764&fileId=3099677504&languageCode=en&categoryId=SF), but when I install them they simply don't work. I think I have followed all the required steps, but when I pick the folder of my USB where the drivers are, Windows installer hides them as if they were not compatible with my system. When I unmark this hiding option I can see the PERC H310 for Dell Precision driver, and I can even install it. However, it has no effect and when it finishes I still can't see my hard drives, even after I refresh the view. What am I doing wrong? I am sure that the hard drives work because I have been able to install RHEL 6.2 on them with no problem.

Please, help me because I don't know what else to try

Thanks

June 24th, 2013 03:00

Hi,

I also had the same issues trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Solved by downloading the 32bit drivers below (yes I know it's meant to be 64bit, don't ask me, ask Dell).

Driver filename: DRVR_SAS_Dell_PERC8-NY8FH_Win7_X86_WHQL_setup_ZPE.exe

Driver link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/ed/en/edbsdt1/DriverDetails?driverId=NY8FH&fileId=3099677476

You still get the warning about the drivers being unsigned, but after that the RAID array magically appeared.

Installed to the disks without any further problems.

Hope that works for you too.

1 Message

June 24th, 2013 15:00

Hi,

i have the same problem of IgnacioAmigo....can you post the generic link of the 32bit driver to download?

The link with the hidden service tag doesn't work.

Thanks

ezio

June 24th, 2013 16:00

No worries, I have edited my post above.

June 25th, 2013 03:00

Well, that must be the only option I didn't think of. Thanks a lot Warp Speed Computers.

Anyway, I was in a hurry and I ended up installing Windows 8, which did not complain about the disks and saw them directly. That is a possible workaround too.

1 Message

June 9th, 2016 14:00

Thank you for this answer!

I find it a bit ridiculous that this information is not more forthcoming through the Dell support site. Especially considering the fact that the driver in question is not associated with the Express tag.

I've spent hours trying to track down the correct drivers for my colleagues PE PC. I'm sure that I took a year off of my life. 

To anyone trying to accomplish the same I would keep in mind that when you go to the link there are two downloads available. The second one is the one you want label Hard Drive Drivers.

Thanks again for this answer!

No Events found!