Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 24th, 2010 21:00

Problems Dimming Display Brightness Level on Dell Inspiron One 2305 Touch

Hi. I hope someone can help me.  I  am having issues dimming the display of  a Dell Inspirion 2350 Touch desktop.  It's a little too bright for me. I thought I would find the dimmer / brightness either on the keyboard or on the left-side of my monitor.  I looked at the manual and I am unable to dim the display and the instructions are very confusing to me.  Can someone please advise me how to dim the display?  I have Windows 7 if that  makes a difference.

Thank you.

2 Posts

January 2nd, 2011 11:00

Right Click on the Desktop.

Select top Option: "Catalyst(TM) Control Centre"

Select "Advanced" Button and then Next.

Graphics Pull Down Menu in Top Left Corner, Select "Desktop Properties"

Select "Colour" Tab...

And there they be! Brightness and Contrast settings...

14.4K Posts

December 26th, 2010 06:00

On the left side or your screen are two buttons with a little symbol that looks like a sun the upper button raised the brightness and the lower one decreases it .

You can also go HERE

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

to get your manual click on the Setup guide either view or download. Then go to pages 26 and 27 for the instructions on the settings.

3 Posts

December 28th, 2010 20:00

Unfortunately, there are no dim/bright buttons on the left-side of the screen, nor anywhere else.  It's really odd because I bought a similar computer for my sister and the buttons are there, but for my computer, there are no buttons and no easy way to dim the brightness level. I've read the "help"menu and nothing works.  I wonder if I bought a "lemon"?  Has anyone else had this issue?  Should I contact customer service for a return?

2 Posts

January 1st, 2011 19:00

I have exactly the same problem. The manual says the dimmer buttons on the side are "Optional"... but I can find no software setting to change the brightness...

John

3 Posts

January 13th, 2011 21:00

Thank you!!!:emotion-2:   Your instructions certainly resolved the issue!  I really appreciate it!  Thanks again.

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 09:00

The new system firmware 05 available now to download, contains a fix for it.

You don't need to access the video card software anymore, you can just go in power options and the window will have a brightness slider control  down the bottom.

This works for some Inspiron Ones that don't have the brightness adjustment buttons on the left side of the bezel.

1 Message

November 21st, 2011 18:00

Hi - I have the same problem but mine isn't a touch screen.

When I right click on the desktop the only options that come up are

view

sort by

refresh

undo delete

new

screen resolution

personalise

I have tried the bottom two options, but still cannot find how to adjust brightness.../. please help!

1 Message

April 12th, 2012 09:00

i cant find "Catalyst(TM) Control Centre" option on my PC for right click... im using dell inspiron one n-series PC. the brightness is little bit higher than normal, im suffering with that problem... plz tell me suggetion for this. THANK YOU.....

2 Posts

April 16th, 2012 20:00

I had the same issue,  I went to "Control Panel"  Then "Power Options"  .  I was able to adjust the brightness here. 

Good Luck

1 Message

April 16th, 2012 21:00

i have inspiron 2305 the screen gets blurry and looks like a negative ...help please

2 Posts

April 17th, 2012 13:00

I also had this issue.  I updated the drivers and Bios per Dell online support and it hasn't happened in a few days.  If you are still under warrantee,  I suggest calling or doing an online chat with Tech Support to get the issue on their books.  I was informed that even though my warrantee is about to expire, because I called them with this problem before it did, I'll be covered.   They also suggested that if updating the Drivers/Bios didn't help,  I should back up and do a "restore to factory".

1 Message

August 19th, 2012 21:00

actually there is an easier way, thanks to davet50.

On the left side of the monitor there are buttons, above the volume adjusting buttons there are brightness adjusting buttons. HAHAHAHA that simple, no need to go to the display settings nor the control panel. :P

1 Message

January 20th, 2013 11:00

Hi I have Dell inspiron 2305 Touch screen I Up grade to Windows 8 , but the screen is too bright and I can not control to lower the level due in the start menu in the right side box the bright icon appearance symbol is turn off and say unavailable  , when click on it say window can not adjust bright.

Please I need somebody help me. I will be very glad.

2 Posts

April 10th, 2014 12:00

My monitor (on an Inspiron One 2330 computer) has nothing, nada, zilch, zero. All there is are three unlabeled buttons just above the on/off button and last time I tried them I got into trouble.

2 Posts

April 10th, 2014 12:00

My right clicking doesn't show a "Catalyst (TM..." I tried all the options and I couldn't find anything to change the brightness.
No Events found!