Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2016 01:00

Purpose of the SATA drive connector (SATAP2) on an Inspiron 3650

Hello,

I am struggling to add power to a PCI-E card that I want to add to my Inspiron 3650.

I wonder whether the 7 SATA drive connector (SATAP2) shown on page 13 of the Inspiron Service Guide (http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/inspiron-3650-desktop_Service%20Manual_en-us.pdf) could be used to give power to my PCI-E card.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 1st, 2016 09:00

Hi ponteareas,

Thanks for posting.

This question has been answered for you in another board.  Multiple postings causes confusion and can be considered spamming.  Please check your other post for the response.  Thanks.

10 Posts

December 1st, 2016 10:00

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your answer.

Could you please indicate in which board did I ask the same question?

I have posted just three posts. All post are related but are different. The reason being is because I was in "limbo" waiting from a valid answer from somebody form Dell.

The answer to my first post didn't help me but because but I credited it as valid.

The answer to my second post wasn't helpful either but guided me to think about a solution.

Since the Inspiron 3650 Service Guide doesn't indicate the purpose of the 7 SATA drive connector (SATAP2) shown on page 13, I thought it was reasonable to ask for its purpose.

I have been buying Dell computers for 20 years and never asked a question to Dell because I could upgrade or modify the systems. But to my surprise the Inspiron 3650 is so difficult to upgrade that I was forced to ask stupid questions.

Still, since I have spent money on the Inspiron 3650 I deserve a fair answer from Dell, don't you think so?

Feel free to delete my first two posts so that I don't trespass forum rules.

No Events found!