Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2017 18:00

Realtek driver and MaxxAudioPro

I bought an Inspiron 3668 with AE415 and other stuff in July.  Today (8/25/17), the audio suddenly stopped producing sound in the middle of using the computer.  After running some Microsoft built-in diagnostics, it produced sound again.  However, it changed to an “Internal HD audio” or something like that, the Realtek driver is missing from device manager, and the MaxxAudioPro settings got grayed out. 

I went to the Dell Support site and found a “Realtek High Definition Audio Driver” update that is indicated with “Importance: Urgent” and “Last Updated: 08 Aug 2017”.  I installed it and now MaxxAudioPro allows me to modify the sound effects. 

However, the MaxxAudioPro now has only “Internal Speakers” option and only a default preset, where it used have Dell devices option and various presets.  And the sound effects are not as good as before.

Can someone explain what is going on?  Why is the Realtek driver update urgent?  I hope Dell can publish explanations on what happened and how to get the various presets back. 

• 

16.7K Posts

August 29th, 2017 08:00

BeethovenFan,

Changing the audio settings
On the taskbar, click or tap the search box, and then type Dell Audio.
Click or tap Dell Audio and change the audio settings as required.

August 29th, 2017 09:00

Hello Jesse, the search box did not find anything in my PC, it only shows web searches.  What is this "Dell Audio" and where is it in a PC?  Thanks.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 31st, 2017 05:00

August 31st, 2017 08:00

Thanks for the link.  But it does not help.  It appears that the current Realtek driver update from the Dell support section works OK, but no longer has the Dell devices option and Dell product presets.  I just need to use the MaxxAudioPro to manually change the bass & treble and etc.  

• 

16.7K Posts

August 31st, 2017 10:00

BeethovenFan,

Reinstall the Realtek Audio Driver and also  Reinstall Quick Set Driver to see if this will resolve the issue.

No Events found!