Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2011 12:00

SM Bus Controller? Device Drivers Are Not Installed (Code 28)? Please Help

I just recently dloaded like 13 updates to my Dell Inspiron 530S via Dell Download Manager and my computer seems slower now.  Last time i did this, I installed each update seperately and one download said " driver you have currently is more updated than this option of driver"  so i did not update it to my system.  

NOW,  on my device manager for my computer i get this eror code:  SM BUS DRIVER:  Drivers Are Not Installed. (Code 28)

Where do I download this SM Bus Driver???

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Hi Dingo_Breezy,

Try reinstalling the Intel chipset drivers for your operating system.

where exactly do install/reinstall chipset drivers?  My operating system is windows vista home premium 32 bit.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 10th, 2011 13:00

Dingo_Breezy

The chipset driver cannot be uninstalled, just install the driver, this can be downloaded from HERE

Note: Best not to use Dell's download Manager, choose 'Download Using My Browser' when selecting the file to download. 

If you have used the Download Manager option, go to Add/Remove programs and remove Dell Download Manager, if listed. 

Followed by going to your browser and clear all the cookies and temporary files [in IE, it's listed under Tools > Options].  Return to the Dell's drivers page and click Download again, it should give you the second option to use the browser download.

A Hint: Prior to downloading the driver, it may help to read the 'Installation Instructions, listed on the Dell driver page.

Bev.

No Events found!