Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2011 11:00

SX 2210, webcam not recognized after standby

(It is the first time that I put a question in a forum, but I usually read them. English is not my mother tongue. So, I apologize in advance for any inconvenience).

My system: Dell XPS 435T/9000. Windows 7, HP, 64bit. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920. ATI Radeon HD 5450.

Since I received this nice machine, I have the same problem that "cartorbranden" in November 2010 ("waking up from W7 sleep mode that my PC doesn't recognise the USB integrated webcam in my monitor, calling it 'unknown device' "). Always, waking up from sleep mode, my webcam (in the SX2210 monitor) was not recognized. Only after turning the monitor off and on, the webcam could operate again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the camera software (and driver), updated the BIOS, tried every USB port, rear and front, without success.

It is a minor problem, but it does not match so a nice machine.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 31st, 2011 19:00

Dacedu,

Test the monitor USB upstream cable on all the PC rear USB ports coming out of standby and checking the webcam.

4 Posts

April 2nd, 2011 17:00

Thanks, Chris! It was one of the first things I did: I tried all the rear USB ports. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the webcam software and driver; I have also updated the BIOS.

(I have seen that my first post, with the description of this little problem and the solutions I have tried appear truncated; apologize! I hope this time is OK)

9 Posts

May 6th, 2011 07:00

I am having the same problem with the SX2210 Web Cam (USB Not Recognized) error on my 435T/9000.  I have to unplug

and replug the USB cable to have it functional again.  Not what I want to keep doing for an otherwise great machine.

Tried reloading software, unplugging from surge protector, using other rear USB ports.  Been going on for Months now and

am starting to get tired of it.  Any solutions ?  

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 6th, 2011 12:00

Try unchecking the dialog box about saving power allowing windoze to shut this device off to save power on all of the

USB Ports.

You can adjust how long your computer waits before sleeping or hibernating—or prevent it from turning itself off altogether. But be careful. On a battery powered laptop, inhibiting sleep or hibernation can result in data loss if the battery dies. Here's how to prevent your computer from entering a power-saving state:

1. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options.

2. On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings next to the selected plan.

3. On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.

4. On the Advanced settings tab, double-click Sleep, double-click Sleep after, and then do one of the following:

• If you're using a laptop, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Never.

• If you're using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Never.

5. Double-click Hibernate after, and then do one of the following:

• If you're using a laptop, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click Never.

• If you're using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click Never.

6. If you also want the display to stay turned on, double-click Display, double-click Turn off display after, and then do one of the following:

7. Click OK, and then click Save changes.

4 Posts

May 10th, 2011 14:00

Thank you for your support. My system is a Desktop (XPS 435/9000, Windows HP, 64 bit)

1. I have already -months ago- disactivated the option to  to save power on all of the USB Ports. No success.

2. I do not use (hibrid) hibernation.

3. I use often the sleep mode (stand by), automatic (power options) or with the keyboard command button (suspend).

After a year of this continous little problem, it has dissapeared from itself. Maybe a recently windows update?

4 Posts

May 10th, 2011 16:00

Jaketgg, may I suggest? Try turning the monitor off and on (with a few seconds pause inbetween). In my case, the webcam was recognized again.

August 9th, 2011 21:00

I have the same problem.  upon wake up of the computer, the screen does not come back on, nor the webcam.  I need to power cycle the monitor to get it to work.  This is very annoying.  The 'suggested answer' by SpeedStep is not a correct answer!  It does not fix the underlying problem.  Can someone please help?

No Events found!