Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2016 17:00

Screen turns black every few seconds for a short while

Hello. I'm using Optiplex 7020 desktop. Recently, while gaming, the screen turned black for a second or two which was followed by a blue screen. Next up, after the restart, the screen kept turning black for a second or two every few seconds, voraciously keeping up to this pace even while not gaming. Sometimes, the screen will turn black for several seconds; but the PC and windows keeps running normally.

I contacted the support through live chat but they couldn't help me because I live in Egypt and they couldn't pull up my PC information due to where I live.

This is unbearable, I cannot use the PC. I hope I can receive a response soon.

November 25th, 2016 03:00

Hi Gustcaracal,

I suggest you to test the system in safe mode or BIOS to see if the same issue occurs again. Also recommend to update to the latest BIOS and graphics drivers and observe the system.

Here is a detailed troubleshooting guide for the graphics issues:

www.dell.com/.../en

If the issue still occurs , please contact our Dell Egypt support for further assistance. You should be able to find the contact information from the link below:

http://dell.to/2gGHo9X

November 25th, 2016 07:00

Thank you for responding, friend. I already tested the windows in safe mode and it seems the occasional black screens still occured. BIOS and graphics drivers are already updated to latest versions.

Question: How much does the Call Customer Support charge per minute? It's crucial for me to know because I use limited packages on my cellphone.

November 28th, 2016 04:00

Hi Gustcaracal,

Thanks for performing the steps and getting back.

In this case I would suggest you to perform the hardware diagnostic test from the F12 menu and let us know if you get any error messages: www.dell.com/.../266787

I would also recommend you to perform a system restore to a previous date and observe if the same issue occurs again.

No Events found!