Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2016 12:00

Service tag U2715H is not working.

First forgive me if I have grammatical errors.

A few month ago, i was bought a U2715h from a friend. He said this one have warranty till 2018. I believed and i didn't check warranty. Everything work well .But now i want sell it, and i try to check it's warranty on website. But service tag is not working with message:
"There’s no match for that Service Tag or Express Service code. Retype the code or browse for your product by selecting the "View products" option. Allow 48 hours for new devices to register on our site."

I try using Express service code but result is the same. I called to Dell support hotline in my country but they said i must have order number.  i look for order number on the box but it is not exist. 

What should i do? Please help me. Thank so much! :( 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 26th, 2016 12:00

U2715H is a monitor model number, not a service tag.  Dell service tags have seven digits.  The service tag will appear on the boot screen (F2 at powerup) and on a label -- usually on the bottom of a desktop system of recent vintage -- but possibly on the side or back as well.

If you can't find a service tag, contact the seller -- it's the only way to resolve the issue.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

August 26th, 2016 15:00

Read this about monitor warranties.

Notice that it  talks separately about monitors that have a Service Tag and those that don't have a Service Tag. So your monitor might not even have one.

I don't know how they decide which models get Service Tags and which models don't. So you might have to contact Dell directly to find out.

No Events found!