Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2013 00:00

Smart Audion Error

Hi,

i am using windows 7 professional operating system . If i can run my system no error message display from smart audio, but if the system is connecting in remote connection the following smart audio error message is displayed.how to resolve it?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 31st, 2013 06:00

This is not a Dell Issue or a Dell Hardware issue.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725887%28v=WS.10%29.aspx

Policy settings in this node control access to devices and resources on a client computer in Terminal Services sessions.

The full path of this node in the Group Policy Management Console is:

Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Terminal Services\Terminal Server\Device and Resource Redirection

noteNote
If you are using the Local Group Policy Editor, Policies is not part of the node path.

Name Explanation Requirements

Allow audio redirection

This policy setting allows you to specify whether users can choose where to play the remote computer's audio output during a Terminal Services session (audio redirection).

Users can use the Remote computer sound option on the Local Resources tab of Remote Desktop Connection to choose whether to play the remote audio on the remote computer or on the local computer. Users can also choose to disable the audio.

By default, users cannot apply audio redirection when connecting via Terminal Services to a server running Windows Server 2003. Users connecting to a computer running Windows XP Professional can apply audio redirection by default.

If you enable this policy setting, users can apply audio redirection.

If you disable this policy setting, users cannot apply audio redirection.

If you do not configure this policy setting, audio redirection is not specified at the Group Policy level. However, an administrator can still enable or disable audio redirection by using the Terminal Services Configuration tool.

At least Windows XP Professional or Windows Server 2003

No Events found!