Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 17th, 2015 21:00

Sound Card Problem - No Jack Information available.

Yesterday I suddenly lost sound on my pC.  I use a headset so as not to disturb my wife.  I went to DELL support and downloaded the latest driver and installed it on my PC.  Everything looks ok, but every time I try to configure it, I get a message that "no jack information is available".  I have tried both front and rear jacks and still get no sound.  Any clues on where I go from here?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 18th, 2015 10:00

You have to reinstall DOT NET 2.0 and 3.5

then install Directx June 2010 patch.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

You download the file and extract to a folder then run DXSETUP.EXE as administrator.

Then install the Vista Driver because these didnt come with windows 7 and therefore do not have WIN7 Drivers.

Description Supported OS Download
SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio, v.6.10.0.5343, A02
Sigmatel STAC92XX C-Major HD Audio DriverMore details
Windows Vista 32-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit

This means you have to install Legacy Direct show as well as DX9

and DX10 drivers from the june 2010 PATCH.

You download the file. extract to a folder and run the dxsetup.exe file as administrator.

You also have to re enable DOTNET and Legacy Direct play.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 18th, 2015 06:00

Before our users can assist you, we need to know the system model, operating system, and specific audio device.

3 Posts

December 18th, 2015 10:00

I am using a DELL XPS-400 Desktop using Windows 7.0 and the sound card is a SigmaTel High Definition Audio.

3 Posts

December 20th, 2015 16:00

I finally did everything you told me and the error messages went away, the audio control when I hover over it says (speakers/headphones 95%) so it recognizes the jacks.  BUT I still can't get any sound through my headphones.  I am going out and buy a new pair to see if that is the problem.

No Events found!