Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 22nd, 2010 02:00

Studio Hybrid 140g Problem - No Signal via HDMI to TV

I have a problem with the Studio Hybrid 140g which is connected to a Full HD Samsung plasma TV.

The problem was exactly the same as in another post on this forum, so I will quote it:

When starting up the PC with just the HDMI connection to the TV, the startup screen and Windows Vista loading bar are shown, in fact if I hit F2 or F12 I am able to access set up screens and see the video image in the TV with no problem at all, but as soon as Microsoft Vista starts loading the login window the image goes dark (black) and few seconds later the message "No signal" is shown in the TV screen. Funny thing is when having the Studio Hybrid restarted in SAFE MODE (...just click F8 several times when you see the very first start up screen)

I have video signal in the TV while I am in this mode. I have tried with several different cables (HDMI-DVI and HDMI-HDMI) and also tested the HDMI input on the TV with another device and it works perfectly. I have tested the Studio Hybrid on a Dell 2408WFP monitor at my parent's house and it also works perfectly in 1900x1200.

I have also updated the video driver. Is there someone that perhaps knows a solution to this problem, I am going mad :(

Please note that contactin Dell support directly is not an option in my country.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

4 Posts

August 2nd, 2010 05:00

I will answer my own question, maybe it will help someone in the future :)

The solution was rather simple. After I have exhausted all of the solutions that I could think of, yesterday I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7. No additional drivers were installed after the OS installation. After that I tested it on my parent's Dell 2408WFP and it worked perfectly.

When I connected it to the TV it immediately showed the right resolution (1920x1080@60Hz) and did not lose signal after a few seconds. I am now testing to see if this really solved the problem, but hopefully it did.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 22nd, 2010 08:00

I'm not familiar with the model computer you have, but make sure to change the display setting on the computer to external monitor and to change the input on the tv to hdmi. Look up 'connect a tv' in windows help for your model.

4 Posts

July 23rd, 2010 04:00

The setup that I described in the first post worked fine until a couple of days ago when I started having problems also described in the first post.

Everything is set correctly, both in Windows and on the TV.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 23rd, 2010 13:00

I know how aggravating this can be. The only thing I can think of to try is to remove everything and start from scratch and reconnect it all.  It is always best to use direct connections without any converter--HDMI to HDMI. Go through all the Display Settings again to see if something changed from when it worked.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 26th, 2010 11:00

psihodel,

Go to the TV and use its menu to ascertain what resolution it is on. For HDMI, it must be set to 1920x1080.

4 Posts

July 27th, 2010 06:00

I get the picture on the TV in 1920x1080@60Hz (which is the right resolution) for a few seconds after the Windows desktop shows, but than the signal disappears and I cannot get it back in any other way except restarting the computer, after which I get a few seconds of desktop and than again no signal.

The TV is set correctly! What puzzles me is that the computer works perfectly in 1900 x 1200@60Hz on a Dell 2408WFP at my parent's house. 

I have even tried to set the monitor type to "Digital Display Device 1920x1080@60Hz", but without any results.

Do you have any more ideas, I am going crazy :(

No Events found!