Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2009 15:00

Studio Hybrid - DVD does not eject via front button

Has anyone come across this problem? It's quite annoying as I bought this computer for my parents, and everytime they put a DVD in it they cannot get it out until I walk them through using explorer and rightclicking on drive to eject.  Nice small system, but user-friendly it is not (more an issue of Vista I guess).

Thanks for any help.

BTW, these new forums are horrible.  What were you thinking...

March 26th, 2009 14:00

I've been having the same issue with mine, (it's a refurb, but I didn't think I'd have any problems with it)  I just got it last week and thought it was just a small glitch, but I keep having problems with it too.  I tried tech support but it didn't seem like they understood the problem.  They told me to download a couple drivers, but I'm still having trouble too.  Hopefully we'll get an answer to this issue soon.

Update:

Got done with tech support after having them check the pc, they're going to have to send a tech to replace the drive and front panel.

March 31st, 2009 07:00

Okay, so I had a tech come by my house and he replaced the optical drive and front I/O panel, and guess what?  ...still having the same problem!

It turns out that this is a known issue for the studio hybrids that were manufactured before August of 2008.  So the tech went ahead and ordered to replace the PC with a newer one that was manufactured after that date.  You'd think that with it being a known issue that they'd do something about the older models before shipping them out.

November 1st, 2011 08:00

Hi.. Had the same problem and after a few visits + calls from technical support, i'd almost given up..

Decided to give it one last bash and reinstalled the system from scratch, and theninstalled all the drivers manually.

Once I'd installed the 'Dell Proximity Sensor Driver (ACPI)', the front touch-sensitive eject button started working..

No Events found!