Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2009 05:00

Studio Hybrid Mini-PCI slots & TV Tuner possible?

I am interested in a Studio Hybrid for under my TV due to its size and design.  I have looked at the documentation for it and can see there are two Mini-PCI slots - one for the WiFi card and one for the Blueray accelerator card.  I would like to use this for recording Digital (and Analogue whilst it is still with us) TV.  I have seen various Mini-PCI TV tuner cards but haven't done any research as to which is best, however the main issue is would one of these cards actually work?  If it will, will the Studio Hybrid be up to the job?

Dell don't manufacture any other small footprint PC's so if another manufacturer fits the bill I could be swayed?

Cheers

Andy

1 Message

March 5th, 2009 08:00

I use my Hybrid strickly as an HTPC for the living room.  I can tell you that I have a USB Digital TV tuner plugged into the back of my Hybrid and it works great!  Media Center recognizes it, so I can use the PVR functions of Vista.  Yes, it does add about 3 inches to the back, but it does not affect my placement of the PC.   

19 Posts

March 5th, 2009 16:00

I believe Dell now offers  a USB tuner option as well, and as mentioned it barely adds 3 inches to the unit and is practically invisible.

No Events found!