Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 26th, 2017 19:00

System Board Identification

How do I identify the System Board on this AIO?  I have it mostly apart but don't see the system board part numbers yet.  I would like to price it before I go further also.  Can't find the Part Number in the documentation so I assume it needs to come off the board itself.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/h0wdsx1/manuals

Thanks 1190

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 27th, 2017 07:00

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 27th, 2017 05:00

Here is one I found on Amazon.

www.amazon.com/.../B019WTRRT6

161 Posts

December 27th, 2017 06:00

fireberd, I really appreciate your help but that board don't look like mine.  Mine doesn't have that Aluminum piece with the Fan in it.  Mine seems to have a Discrete Video Card also but to the Left and a Black Fan housing.  I just remembered I have a Speccy Chart so will look at that today, thanks very much as always!!!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 27th, 2017 06:00

Look on the board itself for a string beginning with DP/N -- that will contain the Dell part number.

It is almost always on the board near the memory slot(s).

161 Posts

December 27th, 2017 09:00

Thanks guys, you are amazing how you find all these things.  I don't see any new ones though, I guess they don't exist, or would be way too much money?

That Code was really hard to see!  This is what it reads:

0XHYJF-74431-4B4-02G2-A00

I guess you have to know what numbers to look at, and I don't, but I do see which ones you are looking at. "XHYJF"

Now I see One new one 178.00!

I also entered this on the Dell Spare Parts site: XHYJF but nothing came up.

A few things I checked while working on this one:

1. BEEP CODE IS TWO BEEPS FOR: "No Memory Modules detected"

PULLED ONE RAM CHIP AT A TIME WITH NO SUCCESS, STILL TWO BEEP

CODE.

2. NO GREEN POWER LED ON BACK, INDICATING NO POWER.

3. INSTALLED NEW CMOS, NO HELP.

4. TRIED NEW POWER CORD, NO HELP.

5. NO FAN ACTIVITY: I DID HAVE SUCCESS WHEN I UNPLUGGED THE MOTHERBOARD, THEN THE FANS WOULD COME ON, AND OFF, AND ON, AND OFF CONTINUOUSLY.  AND USED THE POWER TEST LED ON BACK.   I HAD THE LIGHT COME ON WHEN MB WAS NOT PLUGGED IN.

6. THINGS I HAVE NOT TRIED THAT ARE LISTED AT DELL SITE? ALTHOUGH DID TRY THE MEMORY.  I DON'T THINK THERE ARE ANY EXPANSION CARDS.  THEREFORE I GUESS I SHOULD REMOVE THE "DATA CABLES" THOUGH I'M GUESSING THIS IS A MB PROBLEM?

"Remove memory, expansion cards and disk drive data cables to ensure they are not causing the failure. These components will need to be removed later to complete no POST troubleshooting anyway if the power supply is not at fault."

Thanks in advance for any advice!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 27th, 2017 10:00

There are no soft fixes for physical damage.   The ebay link for the board has exactly the same issue its dead Jim.  Power supply is another unknown factor. Not worth fixing IMHO.

161 Posts

December 27th, 2017 12:00

So it's highly unlikely it's something like the Optical Drive?  I will test this just in case.  This is a really nice AIO, it's a shame it will need to go to the Recycle Bin.  

Won't Dell Warranty it for me LOL!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 27th, 2017 12:00

I had a neighbor with one of these and it died shortly after the warranty ran out.  They opted to dump it and now have an HP AIO.  I would have gone with another Dell but because the Dell they had died shortly after warranty they didn't want to buy another Dell (buying another PC was not an issue with them).

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 27th, 2017 15:00

The irony is that just as with the Dell, the boards in most of the HP all in ones are made by Pegatron -- in other words, the HP is the Buick, while the Dell is a Chevrolet -- both really made by the same manufacturer, just as Buick and Chevrolet both come from GM.

161 Posts

December 27th, 2017 18:00

I completely agree guys, and that is what we are doing, going with an HP this time, though I would not have myself.  I'm guessing this was some kind of Power Surge issue or something.  There are lot's of electrical storms around here, and folks don't always take the proper precautions.  They had a Surge Protector but who knows what else happened.  I will repair it if someone will send me a free System Board LOL...see ya, and thanks again to all of you guys.

161 Posts

January 1st, 2018 11:00

SpeedStep QUOTE: "Power supply is another unknown factor. Not worth fixing IMHO."

I appreciate your help, but I've tested the Power Supply to my best knowledge and think it is still good.  I did find a good new MB, but it sold shortly after and I missed it.  I would like to take a chance and see if I can fix it with a Used one which I will start looking for soon.

Why doesn't DELL Support Their Customers with these types of parts?  I shouldn't have to buy a used MB at only four-five years old!!!  They should make available the the new parts so I don't have to buy from unknown sellers.  I should have the option of buying from DELL...Period!  It will be a tragedy to dump this pc as recycled!

23 Posts

January 1st, 2018 13:00

@User1190

Even if you could buy these parts from Dell directly, they would be very expensive.  This is not a bash on Dell.  All manufacturers charge high prices for their OEM parts and are rarely worth the cost.

And the problem with buying used mobos and even PSUs is that you have no idea if it is also failing, even if it works at first.  They could die in a week or 2.  Not worth in IMHO.  Not even for $30.

Sounds to me like you are a technician (correct me if I'm wrong).  Perhaps it might be a good idea to buy a decent but cheap BRAND NEW power supply (PSU) to have around just for testing/troubleshooting purposes like this.  This way, having a known, good PSU around, if you hook it up to a problem PC and the problem goes away, you can 99% deduce that the problem PC's PSU is no good.  Even with testing on a mutlimeter  (even under load), it's hard to diagnose a good/bad PSU unless you can replace it with a a known, good PSU.

161 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 15:00

@LTanner322, agreed! but I hate to see this one tossed as I'm quite sure it's the MB.  I'm not a technician but learning.  I do work on computers often, part time and as a hobby.

I do have PSU's but not like this one, it is built in to the AIO, not like the typical Laptop style.  From my testing (just from the Dell Documentation) using the PSU Test LED, on the back of the AIO, the PSU Looks good.  The PSU LED Test light works Only when the MB is Unplugged.  I guess I'll wait it out for a good used one.  I would consider using this AIO Myself it is so nice.  It has a 3.50Ghz i3, which is one of my favorites, Haswell type if memory serves.

Do you think Dell will send me one for Free! LOL

Thanks

23 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 19:00

Personally, I would keep the CPU and trash the rest of the system.  But that's just me,  I hate AIO units.

23 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 19:00

From my understanding, the "diagnostic" light on the PSU turning on doesn't necessarily mean the PSU is undamaged.  If it were that easy, all PSUs would have such diagnostic lights built-in.  IMHO, a better test would be to test each wire on the PSU mobo connector with a multimeter while it's connected to the mobo and system is on to see if it is delivering the proper voltages under load.  Search google for a pinout for that PSU.

No Events found!