Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 19th, 2014 22:00

T3500 will not boot from USB device

I do not have the option to boot from a USB device, so am unable to use my bootable flash drive.   One of the choices in the (F2) boot sequence is USB Device, but when I use F12 to to select the device to boot from,  that choice is not listed.

The boot sequence allows me to check or uncheck the USB device, but that makes no difference.  I have put the bootable flash in various USB ports, and the bootable flash drive works fine in Dell E510 and GX620 desktops running winXP and a Fujitsu laptop running win7.  A bootable CD worked in the T3600, but that choice is given.   Any suggestions?

Jim

159 Posts

April 21st, 2014 09:00

I tried again, and it worked fine!  The boot flash drive must be connected to a USB port before starting - which I neglected to do late last night when I returned home.

You were a big help.

Jim

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 20th, 2014 13:00

T3500's have other places F2 in bios about LEGACY and BOOT.

They can even DISABLE the USB Ports.

Onboard Devices

System Setup

USB Controller
(On default)
Enables or disables the internal USB controller.

Off — The USB controller is disabled.
On — The USB controller is enabled.

No Boot — The USB controller is enabled; however, the BIOS
will not recognize USB storage devices.

Rear Quad USB
(On default)
Enables or disables the rear quad USB ports.

Off — The USB group is disabled.

On — The USB group is enabled.
Rear Dual USB
(On default)
Enables or disables the rear dual USB ports.

Off — The USB group is disabled.

On — The USB group is enabled.

All of the options must be enabled before it will allow USB boot.

159 Posts

April 21st, 2014 00:00

Thanks for your answer.  I checked everything you mentioned, and even enabled the floppy USB even though I do not have a floppy, and selected everything in the boot sequence, but F12 still does not me a choice to boot from a USB device.

Jim

159 Posts

April 21st, 2014 09:00

Your suggestion solved my problem!  I tried late last night after returning home, and neglected to connect the boot USB flash drive before starting the computer.  I tried again this morning with it connected, and I am booting to the flash drive.

Next problem is how to indicate the problem is solved.  I tried answering my last post, so they were in sequence.  After clicking POST,  I clicked problem solved,  and my link disappeared.  I'm trying again, answering your post directly.

Jim

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 21st, 2014 10:00

The documentation isn't very clear that you must have the device inserted before turning on power.  Good to see that you got it working.

No Events found!