Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

October 15th, 2017 03:00

T7500 failed sleep

Hello

I picked up a T7500. I have windows 10 on it and for the most part its great. However come sleep time something is going wrong, the numbers 3 and 4 light up which would suggest its gone to sleep, however the power button is not flashing its solid. From here you cannot use the machine until a hard power off.

Its not asleep, fans are still going, but it has frozen. 

I suppose I could just prevent it from sleeping, but I would prefer to fix the issue. It could be windows. I have a faair amount of dell machines in the house all the rest sleep just fine. Or even if they dont sleep fine, they have not crashed.

Any ideas on how I can diagnose?

I have not sat and watched it all go wrong, its just how it is in the morning. I wouldn't be surprised if it successfully sleeps for like a minute then wakes its self back up. People usually suggest to disable wake on the network interface, but really thats something I want!

Cheers

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 16th, 2017 09:00

The 8 year old March 2009 Precision T7500 was never validated by us with Windows 10.

You should repost the issue on the Windows 10 Forum board to see if other Windows 10 owners have possible workarounds.

No Events found!