Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2008 23:00

USB Mass Storage device error code 10 please help

I have gotten an error code 10 on my USB Mass Storage device.  I have a dell 4600 dimension with XP pro.  I discovered this problem when my printer said it could not communicate.  It also looks like my mp3 player is not charging when hooked up to the usb cable.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  When this happened it said problems reinstalling hardware, it may not work properly.

I have had it with this pc.  I have recently had to reinstall a new hard drive and memory. 

3.4K Posts

October 16th, 2008 00:00

Hello,

Try this.

5 Posts

October 17th, 2008 20:00

I went to try what you said and now the USB MAss Storage Device is not there at all.  WHat happened and how do I fix this?

Donna

3.4K Posts

October 17th, 2008 22:00

@lzrdeyes wrote:

I went to try what you said and now the USB MAss Storage Device is not there at all.  WHat happened and how do I fix this?

Donna

Hello,

Did you restart the system as instructed?

5 Posts

October 18th, 2008 11:00

I went through step by step and restarted the computer.  Everything came up on its own.  I plugged in the mp3 player to charge and the USB Mass Storage device is giving the same error - code 10.  What does this mean?  My printer works, the camera works, it's just the mp3 players when plugged into the USB cable.  Thank you for helping me.  I appreciate it very much.

Donna

No Events found!