Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 27th, 2012 04:00

What TV Tuner?

Hi Dell. I want to have TV on my computer. I’ve used a K-World dongle in the past, which did work, but recently it has stopped working for some reason. So I am now looking to fit a TV tuner card inside my computer, but I don’t know which is the correct one to use for my PC. I have a Dell Dimension E521. Can you please recommend what tuner to use for my model and advice and guidance on how to fit it would be appreciated. I’m looking for a one with has pause live TV feature. Thanks. 

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 27th, 2012 10:00

Here's a list of internal TV tuners that will work with digital terrestrial transmissions in the UK.

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

July 27th, 2012 06:00

Hi, when the tuner is fitted, I will be using an indoor 'over the air' aerial to get TV reception.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 27th, 2012 06:00

Hi Helpmem8,

Your system has two regular PCI slots plus one PCI Express X1 and one PCI Express X16. My suggestion would be to get a regular PCI TV tuner. Hauppauge makes several good ones. The other thing you need to figure out is the best TV tuner card for your house, depending on whether you get TV over the air, cable, etc. If you tell me how you get TV, I can suggest something.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 27th, 2012 10:00

The K-World USB dongle  is not Digital.   Analog TV transmissions stopped.

Under the Digital Transition and Public Safety Act of 2005, full-power broadcasting of analog television in the United States would have ceased after Tuesday February 17, 2009. To help U.S. consumers through the conversion, the Act also established a federally sponsored DTV Converter Box Coupon Program.

If you want to pause thats a DVR feature not a Tuner Feature.

http://www.avermedia-usa.com//AVerTV/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=488

http://blog.arogan.com/2008/06/hauppauge-hd-pvr-model-1212.html

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 27th, 2012 12:00

Geniatech MyGica T119 DVB-T USB TV Tuner Dongle

www.nikingstore.com/.../geniatech-mygica-t119-dvb-t-usb-tv-tuner-dongle-463.html

For installation guide on Android system, please refer this post.

Geniatech MyGica T119 DVB-T USB TV Tuner Stick

Countries and Territories Using DVB-T

Countries and Territories Using DVB-T Distribution

One of the key feature of this T119 DVB-T USB Tuner, is the support of Android OS.
T119 Supported Device:
Geniatech Enjoy TV Nano (ATV300)

Geniatech Enjoy TV Basic (ATV1000)

Geniatech Enjoy TV Gold (ATV3000)

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

July 28th, 2012 01:00

Thanks Speed Step. The K-World TV Stick I have is a the Plus TV DVB-T USB Stick. It states on the box that it is Digital TV compatible and it even says on the box that it is HD ready. So why it's not working is a mystery. I can get BBC 1 & 2 if I'm lucky, but nothing else. Before it used to pick up all Freeview TV channels and radio channels?

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

July 28th, 2012 01:00

Hi, thanks for the info. I've had a look at the tuners you suggested, but I didn't expect them to be so expensive at £60. I've just recently bought a £200 monitor so £60 at the moment is a bit of a stretch. So I guess I will have to go for a good tuner stick or dongle instead, from an expert like yourself what is the best to buy for a desk top PC in the UK. Thanks for your help so far.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 30th, 2012 11:00

Perhaps you need a better antenna.

http://www.dabs.com/category/components-and-storage,graphics--tv-tuners-and-i-o,tv-tuners/11138

Best Value USB 2.0 DVB-T Adaptor (Digital TV Card)
Mfr#: SV-3420B

Best Value USB 2.0 DVB-T Adaptor (Digital TV Card)

No Events found!