Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2009 07:00

What happened to DELL XPS Customer Service

I have owned a few XPS computers and have been very happy with the service I received in the past when I experienced an issue. My recent computer (710 H2C) experienced a serious hardware issue last week in where new parts needed to be shipped. I ended up dealing with xps customer service in the Philipines and the experience was very bad. I spent hours on the phone with numerous people trying to resolve the problem. I do not even have confidence that the parts that were shipped that were delayed over 1 week will even fix the computer. The initial consultant was simply following a script and had no real computer technical experience. Not to mention all the routing of calls all over the place, dropped calls, and wrong information given to me. I literally have spoken to 20 people in the last 7 days in the Philipines.

The frustrating part is that there is no avenue to reach an individual in Round Rock, TX. Dell is a US based company and we should have an avenue to reach corporate. I was given a fax number only with the (512) area code and told this was the legal dept?? I faxed a letter to them but to no avail and no response. I googled this legal department and it seems everyones notification goes unanswered.

Anyway, I decided that I will never deal with this company again and actually bought a high end Digital Storm computer yesterday. I am going to try one other reach out. I am sending an email to Michael Dell. You may chuckle at that but I am an executive in the automotive industry and if you know anythign about Mickael Dell so is he. We have mutual dealings and hopefully my note will hit a chord.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 21st, 2009 09:00

kwasley,

Please send me the service tag number in a Private Coversation. I want to read the logs. What were the hardware issues?

1 Rookie

• 

46 Posts

May 21st, 2009 10:00

For $179 a year you can have Your Tech Team. It is a premium support upgrade from Dell. All Tech Team members are Dell's best-trained, North American-based technicians.  This would be nice if it were standard.

2 Posts

May 21st, 2009 10:00

When I bought my XPS in 2007, tech support was still handled in the U.S. and have never been offered a special technical support pipeline after the purchase.

Chris, I did send you a private message. Hopefully you got the message.

67 Posts

May 21st, 2009 12:00

I have been trying to get my 730HC2 repaired since contacting dell 04/07/09. Good luck with yours I hate to see anybody go through what I have been expericencing.

August 21st, 2011 00:00

nice to see they only care when you throw names around.  I'm going with the same problem with a 26 day-old XPS (the 'tech' made sure to mention that i was out of return period).  essentially, i have the HDD noise coming from the seagate HDD, and my options are: they send me a new HDD, i install and deal with all data issues,  or pay more money.  complete BS.  this HDD problem strethes back to 09, i just wish i had seen it earlier.

anyways, once the script-monkey hears a keyword for another department, they instantly try to pass the buck to any department..  

17 Posts

August 21st, 2011 02:00

trust me, you are not the only one outraged. this is nothing new, and now dell is notoriously known for their horrible customer service. i once said on here, the people i speak with when i call customer service are hardly any different than robots; its not an intellectual or racist insult, but just the truth - there is a great lack of understanding and a miscommunication due to our language barrier. those people have little choice but to read from scripts. when a real issue arises, they are totaly clueless and no different than an automated system attempting to adress technical issues.

as you have said, there is nothing you can do other than never buy a dell again; theres just hardly any reason to do so; the only chane we can get any real help is here on these forums, but many questions go unanswered. if your tech savy, build your own, or if your able to, create a contract with a local pc shop,

February 25th, 2014 15:00

February 25, 2014

I was just told that Your Tech Team isn't taking any new paying customers. Is there any place on the North American Continent to get Dell technical support?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 25th, 2014 18:00

Panther5446

Best to post this in the Customer Care Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/f/4674.aspx

Bev.

172 Posts

February 25th, 2014 22:00

I've always had great customer care with rapid response times with Dell, in & out of warranty. Whether it was a question or needed service.

The main thing is the appropriate contact, which has been discussed here.

Personally I have dealt with 3 OEM's (IBM/Lenovo & HP) & can vouch that Dell is by far better than the others, of which I could barely understand, too much time spent repeating questions/instructions.

And I did get to speak with US based Dell Customer Service reps, the others were obviously outsourced. I can't say that Dell doesn't outsources customer service by phone, but it wasn't done to me.

Dell has also made tremendous improvements in recent years, such as installing standard Intel  components that doesn't need special adapters to upgrade hardware. Otherwise, even upgrading older models is easy. Components are plentiful & inexpensive for many older models, of which I've worked on/upgraded many. Dell still has plenty of detailed documentation on 10+ year old computers, as well as the latest OEM drivers & last BIOS releases.

So far, the 2 upgrades to my recently purchased XPS 8700 went flawlessly. The PC shipped with the least amount of junk software of any that I've purchased.

Keep in mind that sometimes we all have to deal with human error from time to time, no matter the product or brand. It's when the errors are consistent with a particular brand (after going through the right channels) that a change is needed.

I feel confident that given the chance, Dell will take care of you in a timely manner.

Cat

February 26th, 2014 11:00

Clearly we've had different experiences! You must work for Dell or part of the family? I'm happy for you.

No Events found!