Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2002 02:00

Where is Clipboard Viewer?!

I have looked everywhere on this new Dimension 8200 with XP& cannot find a clipboard viewer anywhere! Isn't there supposed to be one? so you can see whats on the clipboard ? I have a magnifier, a character map,& even a calculator, but no clipboard viewer. Does anyone have any hints of where it is? I would greatly appreciate it!
Thankyou, redgies PS. There is one on my old computer (a Compaq running Windows 98...it is under accessories then System Tools)

86 Posts

January 31st, 2002 03:00

redgies,

I don't have XP but try this procedure here:

By Bill Beverly reprinted from the September, 2001 issue of the PCAlamode
Clipboard Viewer

Few computer users realize that Windows has a Clipboard Viewer for reviewing images and text that have been cut from or pasted into any application. The reason is that no version of Windows installs it by default. To set up Clipboard Viewer, select Start, Settings, Control Panel, and then choose Add/Remove Programs. Under the Windows Setup tab, select System Tools, and click Details. Now scroll to and select Clipboard Viewer and click OK until Windows installs this component. You may have to put the Windows CD-ROM in its drive. To view the contents of the Clipboard, select Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools and then click Clipboard Viewer.

18.8K Posts

January 31st, 2002 05:00

redgies,

To open the clipboard viewer go to Start|Run, type clipbrd.exe and click OK. If you use it frequently, locate it in C:\Windows\System32 and make a shortcut to it on the desktop.

Denny's Whidbey
Bed and Breakfast

Are you a new computer owner, or simply new to Delltalk? You may find some helpful information on how best to use this forum here.
Want to make a hyperlink in your post, want to add a graphic or sound file, need to troubleshoot a non-working Java applet, want to build an attractive signature? These capabilities can be yours if you visit Denny's DellT@lk Tutorials.
For help in deciding what can be eliminated from your Startup list, take a look here.
Want to get rid of Network Neighborhood, change your Registered Owner name? Check out the little utilities at Delltalk Tweekz.
Ready to sign up for Web server space? Want to learn FTP? Visit Web Presence for Beginners.
For new users (or veterans who would like to help a new user), a number of basic Windows tasks are illustrated in Denny's Tutorial Viewlets.

Note: I do not answer Instant Messages but I do answer email.

Message Edited on 01/30/02 11:06PM by Denny Denham

689 Posts

January 31st, 2002 12:00

I'm surprised why anyone would need a "clipboard viewer" but guess most folks don't run Netscape. With Netscape Composer you can do the same thing, besides make changes to what is on the clipboard.

Dimension 8200 @ 1.8GHz
In Service 12/06/01
512MB PC800 RDRAM
40GB, ATA-100, 7200RPM, HD
64MB NVIDIAGeForce2 MX Graphics Card
1024 DigitalSound Card
10/100 PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
21 in. P1130 Trinitron Monitor
16X/10X/40X CD-RW Drive
Windows XP Home
Toshiba PCX1100 Cable Modem
IE 6.02, Netscape 6.2
Zone Alarm

God Bless the USA

34 Posts

January 31st, 2002 15:00

I use my Clipboard viewer all the time. Even have a shortcut on the desktop for it. If I copy/paste, etc. I many times go there to be sure I got it before opening up Paint or where ever to continue with it. Be sure to open up the viewer when you are done and delete the data as that remains open and running all the the time if something in there (unless you re-boot) and is a bit of a drain on Ram (another running program) and of course minor drain on resources.

7 Posts

February 1st, 2002 20:00

Thankyou very much! I see that it is installed but to get to it is another matter. See the post following yours by D. Denham for info on how to access the crazy thing!

7 Posts

February 1st, 2002 20:00

Thankyou very much!! Your answer is stunning. I followed what you said & now I can stop going nuts!! So why do they hide it so well? I never would have found it ! I find it very useful. Would be nice if the option was on a right click menu! Huh? Thanks again. redgies

No Events found!