Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2016 12:00

White screen on Optiplex 9010 AIO when cold booting

I've got a system that has recently started exhibiting the following symptoms:

In the morning, when the user powers on the system (it is usually turned off when the user leaves the day before), the system will go through the POST, start to load Windows, then display a solid white screen at the point the login/user selection screen should appear.  Connecting a 2nd monitor also shows the white screen there as well.  The only way we've been able to get past this is to hold in the power button to hard shut-down, then power it back on.  However, we need to do this multiple times before the white screen goes away.  Once it boots properly, we can reboot as many times as we want and the problem does not come back.  It's only when the system boots in the morning after being off all night?

OS is Windows 10 Pro, 32-bit

CPU is i3-2120 w/HD2000 integrated graphics

BIOS is A14

Called support, no answers other than to update chipset, video, and BIOS.  We updates chipset and video, but the BIOS update (A19) will not apply - it runs with no issues, system reboots, update does not apply and we boot back into Windows with A14 BIOS.  I'll probably post another help request for that...

But any suggestions on the white screen?

Cheers,

Brendan

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

May 18th, 2016 13:00

Is Secure Boot enabled in BIOS setup?

Try disabling it, for both issues...

No Events found!