Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2009 23:00

Windows 7 Media Center TV Tuner Issue

I have a Dell Dimension E510 desktop and installed Windows 7 RC today. I'm having a problem though where Media Center isn't recognizing my TV tuner. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks!

3.6K Posts

June 8th, 2009 06:00

Unless or until the tv tuner manufacturer makes a driver for Windows 7(which is scheduled for Oct.22 shipment) for the tuner you will have a problem.

Have you emailed the manufacturer to see if they have a driver that will work with Windows 7?.....Or better yet,check Microsofts site for a driver?...

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 11th, 2011 10:00

You cannot connect a tv to the tuner. The tuner is another tv. You need to connect an antenna, cable box or cable line from your tv provider to the coax connection on the card. It's the same as the connection to your tv.

43 Posts

June 11th, 2011 11:00

As we speak I have taken it off the TV and directly to the output of the 625 DVR but avain no live tv. This is driving me nuts. It should be grabbing an out put signal. But with live tv I get nothing. Any suggestions? I'm open...

Thank you for the quick response.

Peace

Michael

43 Posts

June 11th, 2011 14:00

Thank you Robin but I'm still basically stuck. I had the satellite guy out here for a seperate reason and explained my headache to him and he says yes I have it hooked up correctly, On the DVR device or box I have the output of one receiver hooked to the input of the dell tuner and should be getting live tv but I just get static. I'm just basically fustrated and speaking to a non-english speaking tech in India will only upset me more. Go figure...

Peace

Michael

3.7K Posts

June 11th, 2011 14:00

You cannot connect a tv to the tuner. The tuner is another tv. You need to connect an antenna, cable box or cable line from your tv provider to the coax connection on the card. It's the same as the connection to your tv.

Just answered a old post Mary.

43 Posts

June 11th, 2011 22:00

What are the chances the TV Tuner wouldn't work right out of the box? I have taken the signal right out of DVR and dirrectly into a dvd/vhs and the signal was great and recorded to VHS no problem, then put the wires to the RCS jacks on the 2305 and do not get live tv signal... Is this possible?

43 Posts

June 11th, 2011 23:00

I just spent 2 hours on the phone with and his reasoning was that dishnetwork must be scrambling the signal I know it works un-scrambled. Hooked right up to my DVD/VHS recorder. He them asks me where I got my tv tuner as dell does not use hybrids. It has a Aver something A336 tv tuner. He says dell did not give it to me.

Finally I said its a week old its under your 30 day warrenty fix it or send me a return bill for UPS. Then his tune changed. Tech will be here in 4-5 days. RIGHT I'll believe it when I see it.

Michael

43 Posts

June 12th, 2011 13:00

No Youngc3 I am having issues myself on a brand new 2305. The tech accused me of changing hardware because Dell doesn't use a Hybrid mini card. After looking at my order sheet and seeing it listed, I did not get an apology or answer to how to fix the problem. It will not recognize live TV from dish network. My DVD/VHS recorder does but the 2305 does not. I asked that a tech come fix it as it is under warranty but he tells me it has not been added to the list and is not covered yet. So I asked for a return authorization number and then all of a sudden he can get a tech out here for free and he'll send me a new part for the one not working. Whats up Dell get it right, I have 8 computers in my home all bought from dell on my DFS card. Truth be told I like Dell there prices are decent but there customer service is really, really bad. Always has been, So if you buy a Dell you must take one with the other or just buy somewhere else.

Michael

43 Posts

June 12th, 2011 13:00

Wow I need to get a life. 3 posts in the matter of 36 hours.

2.2K Posts

June 12th, 2011 15:00

What are the chances the TV Tuner wouldn't work right out of the box? I have taken the signal right out of DVR and dirrectly into a dvd/vhs and the signal was great and recorded to VHS no problem, then put the wires to the RCS jacks on the 2305 and do not get live tv signal... Is this possible?

I have no idea what an "RCS jack" is. I am in North America - is an RCS jack something used in foreign countries?

If by chance you mean an RCA jack, that would explain why you are not getting a TV signal. That RCA jack is an input, but not fr the tuner. The tuner requires an antenna or other RF input.

To use your computer with the RCA input, have you tried changing the input on the side of the machine to change to the RCA input? It is the bottom button on the left side, I think.

No Events found!