Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2014 17:00

Wireless speakers detected as bluetooth headset only

I can't get my new DELL AC411 wireless speakers to pair with my new DELL Precision laptop.  When I try to add a device, it shows up as an AC411 Bluetooth Headset.  Have tried many times, even after a restart.  Please advise.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 5th, 2014 13:00

What state is the LED on the AC411 remote control? Right click the speaker icon on the taskbar, click Playback devices. What is listed?

4 Posts

Have done all that and am using Windows 7 SP1.  Not working.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Per the User's Guide, the AC411 are only supported in Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8. Open the User's Guide to page 5 and make sure your setup is the same.

4 Posts

Blue LED is blinking (slowly).  Playback devices listed are: 1) Bluetooth Headphones, 2) Bluetooth Headset, and 3) Speakers (Realtek High-def Audio).  The 1st 2 are shown as disconnected.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 5th, 2014 14:00

Per the guide, blinking means that the AC411 is NOT paired correctly. Disconnect the power cord from the AC411 woofer, wait 10 seconds. Plug it back in. Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the AC411 remote control for two seconds to enable device search. If it does not stop blinking, the Bluetooth in the laptop is not set correctly.

4 Posts

November 5th, 2014 16:00

So, I finally just installed the driver that said Bluetooth Headset (after having to hold down the bluetooth button while opening the "search for devices" function in my control panel).  Once installed, I had to click on that device and go through an additional step to check the box that said "listen to music."  THAT is what finally connected the speakers to my system.  This is totally inobvious and should be clarified by DELL in the instructions.

2 Posts

July 25th, 2015 15:00

Hi.  I am having the exact same problem and cannot figure out a solution.  I also tried going to bluetooth settings and pairing the speakers but i cannot get any sound.

I did try the suggested solution of unplugging/replugging in the device.

After i paired the device it couldn't find it in the "add a device" search.

No Events found!