Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 31st, 2008 15:00

Wont boot I get 0x00000007B error

NEED HELP! My XPS GEN2 just stopped I get an error message with the Technical Information; ***STOP: 0x)))))))7B (0xF789E524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).  I've tried to reset the BIOS but in the SATA RAID it only has off or on no AUTODETECT.

My system WD HD 500GB SATA, 3.5Gb RAM and all updates were current before this happened.  I've ran the IDE Diagnosis and it says my HD is good and bootable but wwhen I retart my PC all I get is the Blue Screen of death.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jonathan

26 Posts

September 1st, 2008 07:00

maybe it is time to replace the memory.  Last time I had all kind of BSOD that was due to the memory was failing.

175 Posts

September 1st, 2008 12:00

without knowing your system specks or what os your running makes it difficult to help but did u install any drivers or alter anything in the os lately .also here are some links that might help ,scroll down the page of the first link and the 7B stop error is listed

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=922976&sd=RMVP

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms795508.aspx

hope this helps, also if u post back give more info on system and os and if you've installed or did anything prior to errors it really helps in getting your system back up and running,,jim

Message Edited by jimfred on 09-01-2008 08:12 AM

10 Posts

September 1st, 2008 16:00

One other thing how are you supposed to check errors when you  cant get into your system it never loads just the blue screen and the 0x0o... stop message

10 Posts

September 1st, 2008 16:00

Thanx going through the checklists now btw I'm using Windows XP SP3 and hadn't loaded anything new before this happened ahd just finished going through my emails and turned the PC off next day this message was there. Oh my emails are scanned by One Care

538 Posts

September 1st, 2008 22:00

You should boot from your windows disk and try running a repair install to fix the problem. Or use the recovery console on the Windows disk to run a chkdsk /r.

10 Posts

September 1st, 2008 23:00

tried doing a repair from the XP CD it said it couldn't find my hard drive; not sure how to do a chkdsk without being able to log on

175 Posts

September 2nd, 2008 00:00

when you turn the pc on does it get to the dell logo screen before it bluescreens on you if it does when the dell logo screen comes up start tapping the "F8" key and go to just "safe mode"  strike "Enter" key and let it do its thing then a window will pop up saying you have entered safe mode do u wish to continue hit yes and then go to your account and you can access the chk disk feature from there by clicking start>my computer>right click local disk>properties>then click the tools tabthen under error checking click the check now box then under check disk options check the 2 boxs "automatically fix file system errors" and "attempt recovery of bad sectors" then click start and then a new window will come up saying to restart your pc do it and let it do its thing again it sometimes takes a while to run through it

10 Posts

September 2nd, 2008 01:00

I've tried getting to safe mode it goes to the blue screen with the 0x0000...error message.

10 Posts

September 2nd, 2008 03:00

Sinnce the XP CD wont load I'm thinking it must be my HD. Every time I try to load the XP CD it tell me it cant find any hard drives and to check the connections and HD configuration I've checked the connections and cant check the configuration since I cant get any thing to load.

175 Posts

September 2nd, 2008 12:00

does it blue screen before the dell logo screen i havnt been able to gather if it bluescreens on powerup or just when windows starts to load

10 Posts

September 2nd, 2008 15:00

Blue on start up, the dell screen flashes breiifly then blue screen.

538 Posts

September 2nd, 2008 21:00

I would say the hard drive is faulty.

10 Posts

September 2nd, 2008 23:00

That's what I'm thinking too, getting a new and will post after I get it installed.

175 Posts

September 3rd, 2008 01:00

u may be right the drive may be failing  but have u tried tapping the "F12" key on the startup of the dell logo screen it may kick in before the blue screen u can run a disk check from there it may be possible  to correct just in case it isnt the drive  also u might try hitting "Ctrl" then "F11" then let off both at the same time on the dell screen and access pc restore it will bring the pc back to its original state when it was new but u will lose all of your stuff that u have on it,you might give these options a last try .

10 Posts

September 3rd, 2008 02:00

I was willing to do  clean install but the XP CD keeps telling me it cant find any Hard Drives and to check all connection and HD configuration; I will try ctrl+F11 I dont see that in my log book of the things I've done yet, at this point I will be loosing everything anyway (thank goodness I had just copied all my improtant things to DVDs).
No Events found!