Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2017 07:00

XPS 2710 Nightmare (this one is the mother of all...)

I wrote to Dell support lately:

Problem/Request Details/Additional Information So far you have replaced the screen twice, the mother board and graphics card, the Wi-Fi antennas, reimaged 2 times. I have spent 30+ houra with remote support. I have had 2 home visits. One of your managers even made a promise that they would replace the pc if the last repairs did not work. (They didn't). I have been nothing but patient. This is the most expensive pc I have ever bought l. When will you stop and give up. It's been so long since I have had a working pc that I have gotten used to life without it. I have zero confidence Dell can fix this or anything else. "Dell equals zero"

The response...so .sorry!!

My reaponse: pathetic

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 22nd, 2017 10:00

Thank you for your message.

We understand that your experience with us has been not good so far.  However, let me assure that our customers are and will always remain our priority. We hope that we get a chance to turn around your experience with us.

As per the latest updates, we see that you had shipped the computer to our depot service. The motherboard & LCD assembly has been replaced & the system shipped back to you.

Please observe your computer & let us know if you need any further assistance. Click on my Dell username & send a private message with the details & we will be glad to assist you further.

3 Posts

September 28th, 2017 09:00

I have just opened  the returned computer from Dell and removed it from the shipping box and it appears the computer is bent?? The screen is leaning towards the right.

It doesn't appear that there is an axis swivel in the support to straighten it.

This nightmare goes on....

Dear Dell, all I want is a working computer. I paid $3K for this one. I want something  that works in return. You yourselves have probably spent much more than  this in these failed repairs. This is the second time it has been shipped back to Dell. Don't forget  the home visits and remote sessions too....

Please, can you help?

See attached link to photos           photos.app.goo.gl/IUxOJEzEfhIIA5F92

Dell express tag  

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 30th, 2017 03:00

We see that you have already reached our phone support team & they tried to assist you but you declined to troubleshoot & wanted a system exchange.

A system exchange cannot be processed without doing any troubleshooting.

We see that this case has been escalated & there is a callback arranged from our escalations team.  Request you to continue working with them to get this resolved at the earliest & to avoid confusion.

3 Posts

September 30th, 2017 07:00

There is no confusion on my part. This is a lie. I didn't decline to troubleshoot. When Dell called me last evening , I was at work. I didnt reach your phone support team, as you say, they called me. I didn't  decline anything. I simply asked then, as I have asked and been promised already, for a replacement.  The person told me that I was not going to be getting a replacement because Dell policy was not to replace pcs after 30 days. If you want proof of the contents of this call, I suggest you check your recording. If you cannot, then I can.

I was instructed to power up the machine to see if there is any other damage.

I suggest you get your facts straight in future before you say things here that are not true.

No Events found!