Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 25th, 2013 21:00

XPS 8700 Indicator Lights

Does the XPS 8700 come with any indicator lights? I purchased a Dell laptop a few years back and was disappointed that it did not have a hard drive indicator light. Does this one have it? I find the lack of one very annoying, especially when trying to troubleshoot whether or not the computer is loading something. The availability of the light is a deciding factor as to whether or not I will buy the computer.

There is no mention nor indication of any lights in any picture or manual I could find on the web.

520 Posts

November 25th, 2013 23:00

Yes. It has a small white HDD indicator light on the front, and the power button on top lights up too. 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 26th, 2013 12:00

The Drone

All the XPS 8700 features can be found here:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_xps_desktop/xps-8700_Setup%20Guide2_en-us.pdf

Bev.

2 Posts

November 26th, 2013 17:00

The there is no mention of the hard drive indicator light in the set up guide (although it does mention the media card reader light). I can see what looks like I hard drive icon in the upper right hand side along with what could be the power indicator if I really blow up the image. Dell should do a better job in this regard. Thank you for the responses.

2 Posts

May 20th, 2016 22:00

I see the HDD indicator light..what does the flashing of it indicate..processing?

No Events found!