Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2013 05:00

XPS 8700 Video Driver Help

Hello,

I had to install Windows 7 32bit on XPS 8700 due to a specific Application that runs only in that OS architecture. I have installed AMD RADEON HD 7570 drivers but still system reports Standard VGA.

I have installed Intel Chipset downloaded from Intel site. Ver 9.0.0.xxx

Please help.

Thanks,

Krishna

2.6K Posts

August 30th, 2013 06:00

Hello Krishna,

The XPS 8700 was never tested with the Windows 7 32-bit. Hence the drivers are also unavailable in our support site. However, you may try installing the drivers from the manufacturer website and see how it goes. 

Hope this helps!

2 Posts

August 30th, 2013 07:00

I know and do understand that. Sorry I wasn't very clear in my initial post where I downloaded AMD drivers. It was from AMD site not DELL (as its not available for Win 7 32bit).

Question is even though drivers do support for Win 7 32bit System is still reporting as Standard VGA? Does it need Intel graphic driver working with AMD? If so, which intel drivers required?

Thanks

254 Posts

August 30th, 2013 09:00

intel drivers do nothing for AMD graphic cards ... you might want to try using AMD's driver auto detect program ... it looks at your system and downloads the best driver.   http://www2.ati.com/drivers/auto/amddriverdownloader.exe

2.6K Posts

September 2nd, 2013 16:00

Hello Kris,

In addition to what Eternalozzie has suggested, I would like to know if you have installed the drivers in the correct order. If not, I would request you to install the drivers in the correct order and check how it goes. You may also refer to this video: http://dell.to/1fvdnx4 (This Video does not show the step of installing System Desktop/notebook software. This is the software that needs to be installed first).

Hope this helps!

1 Message

September 2nd, 2013 20:00

Hi,

Its just Fyi,

You need to install Intel Video drivers first and then install AMD drivers. If the Intel Drivers are not getting detected, Then uninstall the chipset drivers and install them again. Dont forget to restart the system when made changes.

No Events found!