Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 13:00

XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

The previous thread that mentioned issues of the Studio XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 being delayed or having extensive build times was locked. After a months time I had ordered mine (9/26) and it was supposed to ship on (10/22), after two delays it finally shipped out and will be received today (10/28). If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. It would seem the main issue is due to the high demand of I5 and I7 processors and parts being backordered. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

December 14th, 2009 09:00

do not dignify DELL unethical dealings by accepting their products. By doing so, we are also slapping our own face. Check with your local authority on consumer rights, and use it against DELL. Bring in the press to report such ill conduct of business. let more pple know and shun from DELL. This is one company that i surely hope will just sink into the pit with such unethical practices.

10 Posts

December 14th, 2009 10:00

Hey folks

I've been reading about all these delays here and in the Alienware forum so I'm just wondering if the XPS delays are resolved or not? I ordered my system on 12/1 and it's arrival date is supposed to be 12/21. I ordered a base model XPS 9000 with just the wireless network card upgrade and that's all. Since I picked the free 5-7 day shipping, I was hoping to see that it shipped by now.. maybe I'm just impatient :) I'm also just a little worried after reading so many posts about delays. So I just want to make sure mine will arrive next monday as planned or should I expect to wait much longer than that?

10 Posts

December 14th, 2009 11:00

To Necros2:

Go ahead and read all the messages in this thread - even just a few pages worth.  You'll realize that you won't see your system anytime close to 12/21.  Unfortunately Dell is experiencing some major trouble supplying these computers in a reasonable timeframe.  If you check back next week you'll probably see your estimated delivery date pushed out to the middle of January or later.

Please give us an update so we can see how accurate this prediction is.  I hope it isn't but unfortunately I'm afraid it's true...Good luck!!

10 Posts

so what exactly is/are the parts that are slowing things down? Windows 7?

At any rate, I will give them till the 21st and if it is not shipped by then I will cancel and just build my own instead which was my original plan. I went with the base model thinking there wouldn't be any big delays since they would have them ready, like it would take longer if I wanted to modify a lot of stuff.
At first I ordered a laptop that wouldn't have been delivered till well into January, so I called them up and after being on hold for 53 minutes I got someone from India who was helpful and nice, and they canceled the laptop and said I can go ahead and order online for my desktop which I did.
So, if you are having trouble canceling your order, don't call them and be angry with them. Just call and say "I decided I don't want this system and I want to order something else. Can you cancel this one for me? I'll go build something new online when I see this one's been canceled." and then hopefully they will do it because they'll think you're ordering something else when in fact you're not :)

Ordered date: 11/29/09

1st EDD: 12/16/09

Delayed: 1/5/09

After 3 days (Saturday, Sunday and Monday) of continuous calling of the number I've posted before (1-800-247-2076  Option 2), I've finally successfully cancelled my XPS 8000 order. It seems some of the people in that department don't know what they're doing and just redirecting the call over and over (or giving false info "We cannot cancel your order because it's already in production" or "Wait 24 hours and your order will be cancelled"). But there are some that will take care of the cancellation in less than 10 minutes with confirmation email sent and order status updated immediately.

Well, I've just ordered an HP computer comparable (if not better) to the Dell XPS 8000 that I've cancelled, and it's about $30 less after Bing Cashback and rebates.  And best of all, it will be delivered in 3-7 days!!! NOT 30+ days.

I was a loyal Dell customer for the past 6 years, but now you've lost another customer. Goodbye Dell.

15 Posts

Has the charge hit your method of payment?  If not, I wouldn't image it's shipped.

I used my Dell account, which of course doesn't show recent activity.  The only thing I get is "available credit" and that's been the same since the date of the order (my credit limit minus the cost of the order.)

4 Posts

December 14th, 2009 12:00

ok here is my story i ordered a xps 9000 with 8gb ram, 640GB hdd, default video card, and the x-fi titanium sound card.and those are the only parts that i upgradedi placed my order on 11/19/09. i live in Florida west coast.

24 days while in production till i decided to call and get some answers.
ordered on 11/19/09
first EDD- 12/10/09
first delay EDD- 12/17/09

only found out the second delay EDD by calling and talking to a manager/supervisor!!

second delay EDD- 12/24-28/09

called on 12/13/09 to get status of pc build. lady was rude and i could not understand her and when i asked to speak to a
supervisor she siad no.. then i asked a couple more of times and she finally tried to get me connected to him. she said she made a report to report i was asking for a supervisor..i was on hold for 5-10 mins then she pops back on the line and says he unaviable since hes talking to other customers. she asked if i wanted to schedule a callback and i said sure. i gave her my number and she said i will be contaced by a supervisor within 24 hourrs..she aslo couldnt give me a date when the pc was to ship from the factory, BUT SHE COULD GIVE ME A EDD TO MY HOUSE and i said that makes no sense at all if you can give me a edd to my house, but not a ship dat from the factory!?!?!?!?!?

called back today on 12/14/09 since my computer was do to be at my house on 12/17/09 the new edd of the system. i waited 30-40 mins both times i called. when the guy came on the phone he noticed that i had called yesterday and told me he was transferring me to the manager/supervisor. so i talked to him, he said "it looked like the there a backorder on a part, but it appears to be gone." he did not say which part it was and he also talked very fast as so i could not throw in a question if i had one, only after he finished talking for about 3 mins. he then gave me the new edd of 12/28/09 , and he said he would expidite me to 2-day shipping.( i think that what he said he was soooo hard to understand, and i usually can understand anyone that talks english). he said it would be 12/24/09 since he expidited it.whoop de do i get 2 day shipping, but have to wait 18 days longer this is not right at all! i said thanks and sighed as there is nothing i can do but wait. cursing and yelling will not do a thing. and hung up the phone.

this is very frustrating and pathetic for a company of dell's magnitude for this to be happening.before any of the calls i have sent numerous emails asking the same questions everyone wants to know on thier xps 9000 order.

i really do hope i get my new system before 2010!! as of now i dont  think i will ever order another product from dell agian! i will tell every soul on the planet about this experince if they decide to buy from dell.

good bye dell, see ya

your loss,ill spend my $ else where next time and everyone else should too.

10 Posts

December 14th, 2009 12:00

It's too bad that someone from Dell doesn't step up and provide some useful updates on what's going on here.  I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet.  I've seen other vendors' forums where reps of the vendor post updates and respond to concerns brought forward on their community forum.  Too bad that is not happening here.   The reps are real quick to delete posts though.   That's happened to me and others.  I've read and re-read my post that was delete and I honestly cannot see anything that would violate the Terms of Service.  Just trying to squelch the outcry I guess...

2 Posts

December 14th, 2009 17:00

Just got my notice of delay today.  I called on Friday and asked please to let  me know if there would be a delay.  Apu replied 'no delay thank you come again.'  The good news is I got to cancel the order and I just bought an HP with very similar features for about the same price.  Note to Dell on customer service. 

1.) fullfill the order.

2.) if 1 is not possible  be honest and forthcoming about the reason.  People will forgive if they get honest answer.  They won't forgive silence.

3.) good bye.

2 Intern

• 

272 Posts

I agree completely with the poster who commented on the astonishing lack of concern and/or comments by anyone from Dell on this thread.  If I had ANY choice here I would cancel my order and go elsewhere for my system.  Unfortunately, I'm waiting on a warranty exchange so I'm out of luck.   Even though I paid extra for a "next business day warranty" after waiting now since the last week in November, I still don't have a shipping date, real or imagined, and my calls made to the "Resolution Group" go unreturned.  I guess "Resolution Group" means that Dell as a group is resolved not to be helpful, and that we had all better be "Resolved" to the fact that our systems will show up whenever Dell gets around to it.....probably sometime after this year.  It's almost as if Dell as a company is determined to destroy their customer loyalty and, with it, the company as a whole.  Problems happen, and that is a fact.  Ethical companies own up to that fact and at least attempt to offer some sort of explanation for the problems.  Dell has been absolutely SILENT about what is happening, and it is that, along with the completely unacceptable delays in shipping product or honoring a warranty that will make certain that this is the last Dell computer I will ever buy.  It is also the beginning of my actively steering family, friends, and business associates away from Dell.  I challenge any Dell moderators on this board to respond to my (and the hundreds of other posters') comments with some sort of explanation.  But what I expect to see happen is for this message to be summarily deleted by the moderators.  We'll see.

Oh, and as I happen to live within easy driving distance of Dell headquarters, if the situation continues with no useful information being offered, I may pay a personal visit to Dell and see if anyone there cares at all about what's happening.  It'll be really interesting to see if anyone does anything to try to fix the situation, or as I expect, they simply stop me at security and send me on my way.  Perhaps the Austin-American Statesman newspaper, and/or other media in the Austin area would be interested in accompanying me to see what happens.

10 Posts

Actually that's an excellent idea. If you really are that close to their HQ, go there and ask what the heck is going on with all these delays. for you and for everyone. Point whoever you talk to to their own forums and show them the complaints and tell them we all want answers. And by all means, let your newspaper know too!

7 Posts

December 14th, 2009 18:00

I was also delayed. Seems like a lot of people are having issues with Dell and their "award winning" customer service. After spending all evening trying to cancel my order I found a number that let me cancel it. 877-868-3355. Good luck with your waiting! I'm buying a MAC!

December 14th, 2009 19:00

Have just got confirmation on my cancellation after 5 attempts with their customer care rep. Do not believe them when they say it cannot be cancelled. The fault is with DELL for their failure to deliver on time. Consumer should not be penalised for DELL lack of ethic. Press hard for your cancellation. Do not endorse such unethical practices by accepting their product. If need to, check your consumer right for online purchase with your local authority. Expose them to local newspaper and tabloid. Let the rest know and beware of what they are into when dealing with DELL.

2 Posts

December 14th, 2009 22:00

Absolutely right Alex.

I'm another person who was flat-out LIED to by Dell in terms of delivery date.  Dell has had delays with the XPS 8000 and 9000 for MONTHS now and yet still continues to...

1) Not properly address the complaints listed here on this forum.
2) Tell new customers that they will receive their computers in a matter of a couple weeks, which is OBVIOUSLY outright deception.
3) Make it difficult for some consumers who want to take advantage of the legal right to cancel their order. 

Consumers are protected from this type of ridiculous deception and manipulation on the part of Dell.  

I urge everyone here who has experienced problems to file a complain with the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.  If Dell chooses to continue to ignore everyone on their own community forums, perhaps the FTC can get their attention.

14 Posts

December 14th, 2009 23:00

I'm wondering if anyone who had been delayed ever received their systems this past week? who hasn't canceled/doesn't plan on canceling?

Was it worth the wait? - anyone have feedback.

Hopefully the systems don't have problems with all this time they're taking.

I'm still curious about the performance of the gtx 260 in the xps 8000.

No Events found!