Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 13:00

XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

The previous thread that mentioned issues of the Studio XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 being delayed or having extensive build times was locked. After a months time I had ordered mine (9/26) and it was supposed to ship on (10/22), after two delays it finally shipped out and will be received today (10/28). If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. It would seem the main issue is due to the high demand of I5 and I7 processors and parts being backordered. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

49 Posts

January 26th, 2010 06:00

I ordered my XPS 9000  1/4/10 and my original edd was 1/25/10 we are now 1/26/10 and one page tell me that the xps still in production dans the shipping date is 1/25 and one other page tell me shipping : s.o.

I would call them. You are supposed to receive your machine on or before the EDD date. Call US customer support.. I would call them, especially if you did not receive an e-mail stating your machine would be delayed.

5 Posts

I ordered my XPS 9000  1/4/10 and my original edd was 1/25/10 we are now 1/26/10 and one page tell me that the xps still in production dans the shipping date is 1/25 and one other page tell me shipping : s.o.

Never mind, I was looking under the "For Medium and Small Business" section.  They XPS line is still there under "For Home".

109 Posts

January 26th, 2010 08:00

Welcome to Dell Hell My computer has been cancelled 5 times and I am going on 50 days plus. They claim it is shipped standar ground not over night as it should be. I have been without a working computer for 6 months. I am going to ask the write of the computer as completely inept customer service/

108 Posts

January 26th, 2010 09:00

As big as the 9000 is, as long as it is in a place where it can get air, and not up against a wall or something, it should not be getting hot. Bigger cases usually mean better air flow as opposed to smaller cases.

Yeah, I guess I should have given a little more background with my comment. I didn't mean to infer that it got hotter because it was bigger or that I was having a problem with overheating.  I have a custom built computer desk that has a cubby-hole for the computer.  My new computer just barely fit in there so it did not have enough air flow to keep it cool because these big processors can generate a lot of heat.  As soon as I moved it to a place with better air flow the problem went away. So, I was just suggesting to someone considering one of these machines to make sure that they had a place to keep a large case and that they have sufficient air flow.

5 Posts

Hello Gang!

PLEASE READ THIS!

I was contacted by Dell on the 19th. I too had been waiting for the XPS 8000 and given the new EDD's more than 6 time. FINALLY, Dell admited the are NOT making the 8000 any longer.

IMPORTANT:

They have agreed to send me a 9000 with a ton of up-grades at a much lower price than I had paid for the 8000.

The person who contacted me worked for Total Solutions.

This is who I suggest we all start contacting. For the first time they actually told the truth and even though they blamed the wrong people; for once it got me further than just another lie or transfer to yet another lier. I hope it can work for the rest of you.

Do I have faith that Dell will send the 9000??????? Will keep you posted, but at least this was a start.

LisaSlavin11, if it doesn't violate the TOS for the forum (can't remember), would you mind giving us a spec list for your 8000 (and original price) and the specs for your "9000 with a ton of up-grades" and the new price?  I'm expecting my 5th delay email for my 8000 on Thursday and I'm trying to decide if I cancel then or try to build my own system.  I've also never heard of Total Solutions...and you said they contacted you?  I think you're the first poster that I have read that had someone actually contact them to resolve something.  Sorry if you mentioned that in your original post; it looks like it's been deleted.  Thanks!

5 Posts

[quote user="PatriceB"]

I would call them. You are supposed to receive your machine on or before the EDD date. Call US customer support.. I would call them, especially if you did not receive an e-mail stating your machine would be delayed.

[/quote]Update...

Yesterday i called the client service, they told me that my order will pass the canada custom las night and i will have a call from purolator.

Today i called again, but the speach changed, the guys told me that my order is complete but one piece is backorder and thats the motherboard.

So i asked why the guy yesterday tell me that i will received my order this week and today it's different. the guys was very confused. I told that if this week i did not received my order i will cancel it.

49 Posts

January 26th, 2010 12:00

[quote user="atuarre"]

As big as the 9000 is, as long as it is in a place where it can get air, and not up against a wall or something, it should not be getting hot. Bigger cases usually mean better air flow as opposed to smaller cases.

Yeah, I guess I should have given a little more background with my comment. I didn't mean to infer that it got hotter because it was bigger or that I was having a problem with overheating.  I have a custom built computer desk that has a cubby-hole for the computer.  My new computer just barely fit in there so it did not have enough air flow to keep it cool because these big processors can generate a lot of heat.  As soon as I moved it to a place with better air flow the problem went away. So, I was just suggesting to someone considering one of these machines to make sure that they had a place to keep a large case and that they have sufficient air flow.

[/quote]

Yes, gone are the days of the computers you can put in cubby holes. The processors today need open air circulation unless it is liquid cooled.

8 Posts

January 26th, 2010 13:00

Received notification of my FIFTH delay today.  I decided to check BB's website to see if they had their XPS 8000 in stock, and it isn't, but surprisingly it was ready for pickup at my local BB!  This is actually an XPS 8100 with an i7-860 processor, 8GB memory, 1 TB hard drive, NVidia GeForce GTS 240 graphics card (although reviews state that it actually comes with an ATI Radeon HD 5770, which is even better), and wireless all for only $1049.99!  I ordered and will be happily using the system TODAY!!!  My Dell order is now canceled.  I am sick and tired of waiting and wondering.  The rep even tried to give me $75 off my order to keep it going, but I refused.  I'll let you guys know how everything goes later.  Good luck to all, and check BB to see if this system is available for pickup in your area.  You might get lucky like me.

Ordered XPS 8000 on 12/09/2009.  Canceled on 01/26/2010.

EDD - Original - 01/04/2010

EDD - 1st Update - 12/28/2009 (They changed the shipping method to Next Business Day.  After that I assumed there would be a delay coming soon...)

EDD - 1st Delay - 01/08/2010

EDD - 2nd Delay - 01/12/2010   (Along with the email and phone call, "Order Delayed.  Your Action is Required")

EDD - 3rd Delay - 01/19/2010   (Along with the email and phone call, "Order Delayed.  Your Action is Required")

EDD - 4th Delay - 01/26/2010   (Along with the email and phone call, "Order Delayed.  Your Action is Required")

EDD - 5th Delay - 02/02/2010   (Along with the email and phone call, "Order Delayed.  Your Action is Required")

14 Posts

January 26th, 2010 14:00

Ill Join in, as I have been lied too and promised on a number of occasions. 

49 Posts

January 26th, 2010 14:00

Ill Join in, as I have been lied too and promised on a number of occasions. 

I noticed while browsing the Dell website that the build time for Studio XPS and Alienware systems is now 10 days. It was 14 days the last time I checked. If you order today your EDD is 2/10/2010.

109 Posts

January 26th, 2010 16:00

I have been lied to for 6 months! You should see the cancelled orders and delays. They claim they have one shipping to me, After 6 months don't you think they would overnight FedEx it too me!

49 Posts

January 26th, 2010 17:00

[quote user="Gopher Broke"]

Hi atuarre

Ordered XPS 8000 I7-860,16x DVD,8GB Ram,Nivdia GT220 and 1 TB HD, on Dec 9/09 - EDD 1/01/2010 ,

On Dec 28/09, EDD changed to N/A, called Customer Care Jan 09/2010 - EDD  01/28/2010

however "Delivery status"EDD was not updated still N/A. Sent e-mail Jan 22/10 and got a response today.

Update:

"Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.
 I apologize you are experiencing a delay in shipment of your order number 29xxxxxxxxx. Dell is making every effort to ship your order as soon as possible. The product that you have ordered is currently on back order with no estimated delivery date. Request you to contact us back after 48-72hrs for the revised estimated delivery date."

Gee! Thanks a lot DELL :emotion-4:

I think  I am going to cancel.

Ted

I would cancel but they tell me that as its 'In Production' they will not cancel the order!

When I emailed them this is the response I got:

Normal 0 false false false EN-CA X-NONE X-NONE

"I apologize, this is just an estimate delivery date that we have and there is every possibility for the order to reach you even before the estimated delivery date."

I am not sure how they think it may reach me before the deilivery date?? It  has already passed and is now showing as N/A!!!

[/quote]

Call the U.S. based customer support number, or call the Black Hawk team. I have already decided if mine is delayed pass the EDD and the delay is unreasonable, that I will cancel my order. It's ridiculous, especially when people who ordered after me, with the same configurations, have gotten their orders before me. I waited this long, and my EDD is 2/8/10 but if it is not here before or on that date, I'm done.

Asking someone to wait a month for a computer when you can get the components yourself and assemble the computer in a day once you receive the components, is ridiculous. Now maybe it is true that the delays are due to production moving from the NC plant to the Mexico plant, but it is still ridiculous. People who ordered the Alienware brand is getting theirs faster than I can get mine, and I really don't care at this point if the Alienware plant is located in Florida.

We used to use products by a certain fruit company, and then we moved to PC's and the bulk of the PC's in this house are Dells. All the machines at work are Dells. But if I find out if our IT department is having the same headaches with Dell as we have had, we won't be purchasing any more Dells for any of our locations throughout the US. We'll either build them our self or give it to another company.

Hi atuarre

Ordered XPS 8000 I7-860,16x DVD,8GB Ram,Nivdia GT220 and 1 TB HD, on Dec 9/09 - EDD 1/01/2010 ,

On Dec 28/09, EDD changed to N/A, called Customer Care Jan 09/2010 - EDD  01/28/2010

however "Delivery status"EDD was not updated still N/A. Sent e-mail Jan 22/10 and got a response today.

Update:

I apologize you are experiencing a delay in shipment of your order number 29xxxxxxxxx. Dell is making every effort to ship your order as soon as possible. The product that you have ordered is currently on back order with no estimated delivery date. Request you to contact us back after 48-72hrs for the revised estimated delivery date."

Ted

11 Posts

Hi atuarre

Update:

Ted

I would cancel but they tell me that as its 'In Production' they will not cancel the order!

When I emailed them this is the response I got:

Normal 0 false false false EN-CA X-NONE X-NONE

"I apologize, this is just an estimate delivery date that we have and there is every possibility for the order to reach you even before the estimated delivery date."

I am not sure how they think it may reach me before the deilivery date?? It  has already passed and is now showing as N/A!!!

No Events found!